Stocking options?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

And I do have plants in my tank, do I need to get a higher wattage bulb?

And how about CPD’s? They are small! :)

And even people on TFF have HR, and bettas in the same tank. @Fishmanic, I know that you have them, how is that working out? :)

I can’t see the picture.....

What kind of Cory cats do you have? :)

IMG_0116.jpeg

Personally I wouldn't keep any fish with a betta. Sterbai cories might be OK because they are OK in the slightly warmer than usual temperatures that bettas like. Most other cories need it cooler.

My betta is alright with any type of fish, unless it isn’t stressful to him. :)

A196C05B-2DCB-4DA8-96C9-D5C77BDCAE25.png
9A496690-169F-4075-B40A-80F76AA5A264.png
PheonixKingZ , I asked you if you had a Walmart by you so I could send you a gift card to buy the lid for your aquarium. Perhaps you could use it to buy this 5 gallon kit instead for your betta. Which would help you out more?

Are you serious? Are you really going to send me a gift card!? That is to kind of you!

I don’t know which one I would rather have. I will think about it.

(Can I even expect this!?) :)

Yes, you can! If you can think about it and decide which you want then I can actually order it and have it delivered directly to you. It’s easier for me than having to go get the card. Just message me which you want and your address. I can just send it to PheonixKingZ if you don't feel Comfortable giving me your real name. You’re a good young man and I think you deserve this help.

So while I'm newly returning to the hobby i have a Male Crowntail in a 55gal community tank with many no-no fish but he has a chill nature and theres plenty of hiding spots and I have had no issues so far, that being said I'm always on the lookout for aggressive or stressed behavior. When i Had a 10gal with him and just a few fish (danios-prob cause they super zippy) he was super stressed, lethargic and dull colors, so from what I saw 10 was to small for a betta plus a community. Mystery snails are seemingly ok with bettas and Cory cats... While its generally seen as a bad idea different fish have different personalities. So if you try mixing fish be ready with net in hand to rescue them.

So what species would work in just a 10 gallon tank? No betta. I am getting a 5 gallon tank for my betta instead. :)

As I'm in the UK I don't know what the dimensions are for standard US tanks. Can you tell us length etc of your 10 gallon tank, please. A lot of smallish tanks over here tend to be tall and thin...

neon tetras, White clouds, cherry barbs, guppies, smaller killifish, platies, mollies, shrimp, ramshorn, pretty much any nano in appropriate numbers.

Mollies are not nano fish, they grow quite big and need a big tank. With the exception of perhaps the smaller killifish, most fish need a tank at least 24 inches (60 cm) long.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back