Stocking For 1300 Liter Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SPO-00L

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have just finished building my 1300 Liter main tank and have filled her up to make sure there are no leaks or blow outs before i get the stand welded up. Currently I have 6 clown loaches (between 3 and 6 inches), 4 bala sharks (3 at 4inches and 1 at 12 inches), a 5" elephant nose and about 11 tetra's in my 400L tank. What else would you suggest to put in the large tank?

Also, i plan on just using all of my existing water from the 400 L tank and using my existing filters as well as the new fx5. Would i still need to cycle the tank or should everything be ok to just add the fish straight away?

21092008001.jpg

Cheers, Trent

Hey guys, i have just finished building my 1300 Liter main tank and have filled her up to make sure there are no leaks or blow outs before i get the stand welded up. Currently I have 6 clown loaches (between 3 and 6 inches), 4 bala sharks (3 at 4inches and 1 at 12 inches), a 5" elephant nose and about 11 tetra's in my 400L tank. What else would you suggest to put in the large tank?

21092008001.jpg

Cheers, Trent

the shape is hideous, how deep is it?

Wow! I could imagine that in the corner of the room! It'd look beautiful. Make sure you have a stand, or table thing. :/ you wouldnt want it on the floor, someone might bump into it! ):

I think you should put your fish in, (is the width big enough for space? it looks small,) and test it for a few days. If the fish are okay and fine with the space, add in a few more. Get the tank some purty colours! Fake/real plants, many tetras for the beautiful colours. Red/blue/yellow gouramis. If you have two of each in one tank, it looks gorgeous as they swim together in a school!

otherwise, good luck! :thumbs:

Man, I wish I had that tank. Lucky duck. :drool::fish:

^^ cheers, its going in the corner of the living room. i have a welder coming in next week to knock up the stand, so ill take some more pics of it when its done. At its widest point its about 2 and a half feet, and about 1 of a foot at its narrowest. I like the idea of the gourami's. Ill definately do that

Cheers, Trent

A bit harsh don't you think! Kudos to building the thing!

the shape is hideous, how deep is it?
[/quote]

I would have to say myself that it's a rather odd shape, but everyone's taste is different. What he likes is what he should have :good:

What are the dimensions? It sure doesnt look like 1300 liters from the pic

u could get an ally fish! they look exactly like me! seriously, i could probably fit in there! i spose if u put the mature filters in it, it would be cycled. u could probably put some giant gouramis, and some big shoaling fish, like Giant Danios, or some bigger tetras, just worried that the balas might eat smaller fish :crazy: . looks pretty cool, not the shape but considering how many gallons it is, WOW! i want it!

I'd kill for a tank with Clown Loaches and Balas...well, I don't suppose I'd actually kill, but almost! :hey:

its an interesting shape, i like it tho.. outta the ordinary right, something that catches ur eye about it... id say gouramis for sure too.. severums maybe? and angels? idk if they would work with the tetras now that i think of it, umm.. sharks for the bottom? or loaches of a different kind.. idk.. randomly naming off fish i like here:p more tetras maybe too..

anyways lovely tank imo, yea its different, but thats why its so awesome!:p definitely post pics when shes all said and done!

good luck

Murphy

Most reactions

trending

Back