Starting 5 gallon betta fish planted tank, I have questions!

Wrong again !
BB multiply as well with plants.
I know that... I was saying that it takes time for bacteria to "spread" and if they have been out of the water long enough to dry then they are dead.

So, so what ? Patience is aquarist best ally !
I cannot understant this obsession of wanting to speed up everything expecially in aquaria !
I wasn't saying I was impatient... I know it takes time... I WAS saying that so he didnt think you could just add fish as soon as he had some used media in the tank

So, so what ? Patience is aquarist best ally !
I cannot understant this obsession of wanting to speed up everything expecially in aquaria !
Totally agree.
But..... I'd be lying if I said I didn't understand the temptation.

Totally agree.
But..... I'd be lying if I said I didn't understand the temptation.
This - according to me - bad habit is typical of our days.... for years. I call it in French "tout, tout de suite" being in English everything right now.

Reactions: BLK
This - according to me - bad habit is typical of our days.... for years. I call it in French "tout, tout de suite" being in English everything right now.
Yes. Even I want to get fish in my tank NOW lol. But I understand the importance and follow the directions and examples.

So quick update, fish tank looks a tad better but still cloudy, anything I should do!

Attachments

• E575C024-55BD-4F3E-8D1B-B97736EA820E.jpeg
    E575C024-55BD-4F3E-8D1B-B97736EA820E.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 28
What type of cycle are you doing?
Right now I just set up the tank yesterday so I don’t have a cycle going. I bought a new fluval stratum substrate and I wash it three times, but it is just not clearing up

Right now I just set up the tank yesterday so I don’t have a cycle going. I bought a new fluval stratum substrate and I wash it three times, but it is just not clearing up
What filter do you have?

You said you were going to plant it, so plant it now 30-50% of its volume in live plants. Have you got your filter running, if not switch it on as well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back