Starfish..

ThatDarnDragon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Whats the best, easy to care for starfish to get? One to fit in a reef tank with what I have listed in my siggy. I may get a few more inverts, but i want a starfish that will be easy to care for.

Any suggestions?

A sandsifter would probably suit it more, there not the best looking, but do a very good job of turning the sand over, although in doing this you wont see them/it most of the time, but it does look funny when they appear! :lol:. Blue and red linckia's are very nice, and you will see them more on the glass and rockwork, but need acclimatising very slowly (as does the sandsifter, but their slightly more forgiving).
Leon

is a sandsifter the same as the brittle sea star? can you provide a piccie so I can see what it looks like?

I have 2 sandsifters in my tank. I think they are great !! Red and blue limkas can be troublsome. They wil be happy in the tank for months then suddenly fall apart before your eyes :sick: I wouldnt recomend them for a small tank as they are very vulnerable to water changes and in a small system the water can change very fast and thus killing the starfish :*)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back