Stand Made From Concrete Blocks - How Many Stacks?

one_eyed_wonder

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Surrey UK
Hello everyone,

Thinking about making a stand out of Solid Concrete blocks, I know its quite popular to use these, the tank is 7 foot and about 980 litre, I cant decide on how many stack to have, I was originaly thinking one stack either end and then two in the middle but I am wondering If i can get away with one on the middle, I am also thinking about using 25mm MDF for the base.

Would appreciate some advice or tips please
 
I would avoid the MDF unless you have a very good way to seal it from the water spills that any aquarium ends up having. That is a good thickness but I would use a smooth plywood made with exterior glue. If you have a nice strong wooden base, the 3 stacks of blocks should be enough. Be sure that the top of all three stacks form a straight line for a flat surface. You sure don't want to have any flexing going on in the tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top