The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

casdeswinchester

Reaction score
I recently done a water change for my 40gallon fish tank, however I accidently forgot to turn off the heater, when I noticed I quickly switched it off though it wasnt out of water for too long.

When the tank was filled back up, I plugged in the heater and two days later it is making a loud high pitched squealing noise that sounds like a kettle, I have noticed some type of condensation on the led lights aswell as small bubbles being produced from the heater. Is there anyway to fix it?

I have alot of fish in my tank and dont want anything to happen to them

Thanks.

It seems the glass has cracked, or come apart somewhere, so it is now a danger of electrocuting the fish and you if you put a hand in the water. It also might not keep accurate heat/temp which means the risk of either cooking or cooling the fish. I would unplug and and discard it.

It seems the glass has cracked, or come apart somewhere, so it is now a danger of electrocuting the fish and you if you put a hand in the water. It also might not keep accurate heat/temp which means the risk of either cooking or cooling the fish. I would unplug and and discard it.

Okay i will throw it and get a new one by tommorow but im worried about the temp dropping over night

Most reactions

trending

Back