Spawning

Cat

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
We have a pond in the garden our first 1.One of the goldfish as trebled in size.Do we need to put anything in special for it??

I'm new on here I'll put a picture of the pond when i find out how :thumbs:

http://uk.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/ sign up for a briefcase and upload your pics then share folder with public and add the link on the forum ;) if your pond is well planted etc id do nothing but you could add a piece of one of em doormat things i think seagrass is what there made of ,the fish spawn onto this and its easily removed to a safer enviroment where the eggs wont be eaten ,,good luck :cool:

If there is plenty of plant cover and good water conditions than Goldfish will spawn readily and the fry will look after themselves, however, if you want to raise all of the eggs you can remove them once they have spawned and use a tank with the pond water to raise them.

You can now attach Images directly to the forum so you don't have to have a album on the net, thanks to William.

Ryan this fish thats trebled in size it looks like its gonna pop :eek:

How long will it be like this its been a few weeks now??

interested said:
Ryan this fish thats trebled in size it looks like its gonna pop :eek:

How long will it be like this its been a few weeks now??
Well it should really have spawned by now as most spawnings take place in early spring. How many Goldfish are in the pond, do you know how many males there are? It may be a case of over feeding or maybe even a disease, are any of the scales raised from the body?

I'll take a picture of it,I'm worried its gonna explode it looks weird,yet seems ok its eating and swimming about but slowly. Not sure how many males are in, but none of the others have gone fat so i doubt its over feeding.

The fish is fairly big about 7 inches long its not a young gold fish.
It might pop :no:

Fat Fish..

DF06V52_kissycat.jpg

ok invisible fish :rolleyes:

fixed it i think ,thank you :thumbs:

Ok to me that looks like the scales are raised and the fish has a disease called Dropsy which in most cases is terminal, Interpet 9 can help but in some cases you have to consider eutanasia sadly. It is normally caused by bad water conditions or organ failure or damage.

:( Thanx ryan poor fish . Tell my dad what you said.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back