Someone help with my Cory pls

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Nick2121

Reaction score
Is this some type amonia burn? Please help I love this guy. Heā€™s active looks for food none of my other corys have this on them or my other skunk. My water parameters are all goood nitrates nitrite amonia is all low I moved him to a bigger tank hoping itā€™ll take stress away. I ordered him thru the mail online and Iā€™ll post a picture how he came. Itā€™s the one thatā€™s upside down obviously. But when I got home he was dead I was heart broken cause he was pretty penny for a long nose rare skunk Cory but anyways , i checked him out one last time I squeezed his boody like some kind of cpr and he wiggled and all of sudden he moved and I got him acclimated in oxygenated with the air stone and ever since heā€™s been a life for about two months now but thatā€™s the story about him. But seven please tell me were at the marks are.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 116
  • AFC086AC-5DB5-42B6-9012-D038AA6D6E56.jpeg
    AFC086AC-5DB5-42B6-9012-D038AA6D6E56.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 94
Looks like ammonia poisoning to me? What are your exact test results?

On what @Carolyn N said, corydoras are filter feeders and need sand to be able to scavenge properly

Looks like sharp rocks. I would hate to have my nose rooting in that gravel.
@Carolyn my Coreys have never had problems in pebbles rocks calm down man my fish thrive.

and my ph level comes out where I live at 7.7 to 7.8, my amonia level is low as always 0.25 pm and my nitrite and nitrate are low to I just did a 50% water change lasnight and gravled poop. I have a 75 gallon with probly 5 fish in it uo 2 inches at max. This tank is not even done I need plants and lil more caves but recently just switched him from the 20 gallon to the 75 gallon

@CryptFan 75 gallon
5 fish to about 2 inches
And my What are parameters are all of my pH level is about 7.6 I meant in my ammonia is about 0.25 ppm what is your PPM my nitrate is zero ppm in my nitrates is low

@CryptFan 75 gallon
5 fish to about 2 inches
And my What are parameters are all of my pH level is about 7.6 I meant in my ammonia is about 0.25 ppm what is your PPM my nitrate is zero ppm in my nitrates is low
Nitrites and ammonia should never be anything but 0 unless you are cycling a tank. Did you cycle your tank?
Also each type of Cory needs to be in groups of 6+.

What exactly is our Nitrate reading? If you donā€™t have a test kit, go to your LFS and get a reading.

I strongly suggest getting a liquid test kit if you donā€™t have one already.

"Low" isn't good enough for ammonia and nitrite, they need to be zero. Nitrate should be under 20ppm, the lower the better.

"Low" isn't good enough for ammonia and nitrite, they need to be zero. Nitrate should be under 20ppm, the lower the better.
I agree. I keep mine at 5-8ppm. I would like them to be a 6ppm though.

Okay Iā€™m pretty sure my ammonia is 0 ppm and my nitrite are 0 but I will for sure let yā€™all know when I get home!!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Back