🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

great stuff.. that could mean that your tank is at least cycled for the first part. if you measure 0 nitrite too then you're fully cycled
Already? They've only been in the tank 3 hours. Is that enough time to tell if its really cycled?
Edit: To be fair I have been using the Stress Zyme+ stuff that is advertised to help with the cycle. I also have a bio-wheel filter (idk if that matters).

Already? They've only been in the tank 3 hours. Is that enough time to tell if its really cycled?
Edit: To be fair I have been using the Stress Zyme+ stuff that is advertised to help with the cycle. I also have a bio-wheel filter (idk if that matters).
these alone wouldnt have cycled your tank, no. I thought you were already cycling it? What type of test kit do you have?

these alone wouldnt have cycled your tank, no. I thought you were already cycling it? What type of test kit do you have?
Yes I was already cycling. Sorry for the confusion, I meant the fish have only been in the tank for 3 or 4 hours and was wondering if they would have had time to produce ammonia. I have API Freshwater Master test kit.
Edit: I have been cycling for almost 2 weeks. Spelling.

0.5 ppm nitrite.
cool, ok. so there's a chance you have the first stage of bacteria grown that convert ammonia to nitrite. Plus your plants will be helping to keep the ammonia low by consuming it. As you have measured some nitrite, if I was you I'd do a water change before I called it a night. But, if not, try and do it first thing in the morning.

then when you have fed them tomorrow, do the two tests again about 2 hours after. hopefully ammonia will read as 0 again.

cool, ok. so there's a chance you have the first stage of bacteria grown that convert ammonia to nitrite. Plus your plants will be helping to keep the ammonia low by consuming it. As you have measured some nitrite, if I was you I'd do a water change before I called it a night. But, if not, try and do it first thing in the morning.

then when you have fed them tomorrow, do the two tests again about 2 hours after. hopefully ammonia will read as 0 again.
Sounds good! A 20% water change?

Ok! It's morning. I woke up at 4 a.m. to get to the pool, and then got home at 7. I fed them (a little too much, I had to fish out some excess shrimp pellets, but now I know!) I did a 40 % water change and will check the ammonia and nitrite in an hour or so!

Not the best photo, but I tried. How do they look?

Attachments

• 0AD75FD5-67E8-48C8-8790-7A71BEC97C5B.jpeg
    0AD75FD5-67E8-48C8-8790-7A71BEC97C5B.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 77
Ok! It's morning. I woke up at 4 a.m. to get to the pool, and then got home at 7. I fed them (a little too much, I had to fish out some excess shrimp pellets, but now I know!) I did a 40 % water change and will check the ammonia and nitrite in an hour or so!
Good morning! They're lookin awesome bud. Fingers crossed the ammonia is 0 and the nitrite isnt too high

Good morning! They're lookin awesome bud. Fingers crossed the ammonia is 0 and the nitrite isnt too high
I know I'm so nervous. He said I'll probably end up keeping them, and I'm kind of glad. They are so cute! Right now they seem to be racing each other to the top of the tank and back down, and they also pile up on each other! It's so cute! I'm going to test the water in about 20 minutes, we will see!

If I end up keeping them I may go for 4 more peppered and then like 8 black neon tetras. Do I have space for that?

Yeh ive got 12 of them they're so peaceful and playful, ace fish.
What size is your tank sorry? Also do you knw the GH of your water?

Most reactions

Back