so sad

pebbles

Fishaholic
Reaction score
one of my albino cory cats died yesterday :(their didnt seem anything wrong at all, i only noticed when the other one was not in his usual resting place, so i hunted for them and found the other one laying alongside, when one didnt move we checked it out.how long do they live,hes two yrs old.the other wouldnt eat or move allday ,ihave two panda corys as well but even they couldnt cheer him up and he usually plays with them. water and temp etc checks out ok so i think iam going to have to get him another friend ,feel so sad they were my favorites alomg with my gouramis :(

I'm so sad to hear about your Cory pebbles. Depending on their lifestyle, 5 years is not uncommon. What I do suggest though, because they enjoy to be in groups of their own species, when you do buy some more make it a group of an uneven number. Don't just buy another one.

Sorry to hear about your fishie - it's always sad when one dies. How is the other one? As Dragon says, they live to 5 years so I wonder if yours died from a disease. Is everyone else ok and did you do any water tests to see if that might be the problem?

my water tests checked out ok ,first thing i did.no sign of any illness ,both pandas seem fit and well so does the other albino cory,apart from his broken heart[do fishes have broken hearts] dragonslair , have taken your advice and have managed to find two albino corys . he was playing cool earlier and wouldnt come out of hiding[he never hides normally]i am also going to find a third panda but they didnt have any today, so will have to wait till next week.was very worried about him even after introducing his new mates this morning,but now i have just noticed him going for a swim with one of the new young ones :D they are also tucking in to an algea tablet together so all is well thanks for your replys.. they helped a lot pebbles

Sorry to hear about your poor cory, pebbles. I lost a little peppered cory some weeks ago. Little fella just vanished one day -- never did figure out where he went. :sad:

My adult peppered cory either hangs with the bronze corys or by himself. He's a laid back one and having been with the older bronze cory for a long time (a couple of years, at least), he doesn't seem to mind. Still, I might get him another buddy after my krib goes to his own tank and there's more room. :/

Pandas are pretty cute. How do you find their personalities? My bronze corys are pretty high strung. I'm thinking something a little smaller than the peppered cory, but laid back like him, and with more distinctive markings. I saw some elegans corys once at the lfs. They were pretty. :wub:

Anyway, corys are great little fish, so however many you get, I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

hi alia, i absolutely adore corys :wub: , apart from gouramis they are my favorite fish.they are so mild mannered and so playful,we can be watching tv and then you hear splash after splash where they all take off ,the splashing being where they break the water surface.mine all seem to share the same territory on one corner of the tank . the albinos always rested side by side.thats how we knew something was wrong because they were not in their usual place.i found them at the back of the tank ,side by side. sad to see.but as you can see from my previous post things are now looking up and he is happy again. :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back