Snail eggs?? Should I be concerned?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

FishareBrosnotHoes

Reaction score
Hey yā€™all! Iā€™m Jon, and Iā€™m new to the fish scene. Ive had all of my fish for 3 months now. They all get along well, and all are thriving. I was cleaning my tank today and I found this right above the surface, hanging from the middle part. I have a 55 gallon tank and here are my fish:
1 red tailed shark
1 gourami
2 black kuhli loach
2 clown pleco
2 pictus catfish
3 Serpae Tetra
3 Bloodfin Tetra
6 scissor tail rasbora
6 silver flying Fox
6 apple snails
I did see my snails getting up on each other but didnā€™t think anything of it. I also lost my first buddy today, a smaller apple snail. Eggs maybe? Can anyone help? What is it? Should I be concerned if these are eggs?
Thanks!

Attachments

• C22287BF-353E-42B9-A2B2-61673A042075.jpeg
    C22287BF-353E-42B9-A2B2-61673A042075.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 68
Yes, those are apple snail eggs. Now that we can legally keep them again in the UK, you could let them hatch and sell the baby snails when they are big enough. But if you don't want baby snails, just carefully remove the eggs cluster and destroy it.

Yes, those are apple snail eggs. Now that we can legally keep them again in the UK, you could let them hatch and sell the baby snails when they are big enough. But if you don't want baby snails, just carefully remove the eggs cluster and destroy it.
Thank you for the confirmation! Iā€™m going to try to raise them.

Thank you for the confirmation! Iā€™m going to try to raise them.
Couldn't be simpler, just leave the egg cluster alone, keep the lid closed on the tank...you'll start finding baby snails

Hey yā€™all! Iā€™m Jon, and Iā€™m new to the fish scene. Ive had all of my fish for 3 months now. They all get along well, and all are thriving. I was cleaning my tank today and I found this right above the surface, hanging from the middle part. I have a 55 gallon tank and here are my fish:
1 red tailed shark
1 gourami
2 black kuhli loach
2 clown pleco
2 pictus catfish
3 Serpae Tetra
3 Bloodfin Tetra
6 scissor tail rasbora
6 silver flying Fox
6 apple snails
I did see my snails getting up on each other but didnā€™t think anything of it. I also lost my first buddy today, a smaller apple snail. Eggs maybe? Can anyone help? What is it? Should I be concerned if these are eggs?
Thanks!
This has nothing to do with your question (sorry) but I think you need to add on to your loaches and if possible your other schooling fish... Only 2 loaches could stress them out. Maybe at minimum 5. As far as the snails go you could sell, destroy, or let them hatch and see if your fish will eat the baby snails.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back