Small Colourful Fish

Some great ideas there. The barbs are probably too big for what I want, so any of the tetras, minnows or rasboras would work well.

I'm steering clear of livebearers as my kids have there in a separate 10 gallon tank (2 platys and 1 guppy at the moment, but I have promised them a couple more guppies :) ).

I'll see what's in stock when I go to the lfs. I am struggling to find anywhere that stocks ember tetras, so if anyone knows of somewhere in Kent or SE London, please let me know.
 
The cherry & checkered barbs stay small, about the size of a neon tetra.

If you have a female guppy then get a couple more and soon you will have heaps of young. If you have a female and add males then they will hassle her continuously.
 
Surprised about the ember tetra's, they're readily available around NW london. Worth hunting down, very nice little fish.
 
Cardinal tetra (large shoal) coupled with a contrast in colour of a small group (6) Black Phantom tetra makes for a nice exibit.
Regards
BigC
 
endlers are good for that kind of thing and breed like crazy, also rummy nose tetras are real good shoalers
 

Most reactions

Back
Top