Slow Forums - Blastomussa Merletti & Wellsi

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nkd5024

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey, everyone.
I just somewhat recently came back to this forum maybe 6 months ago because I had such a great experience here back in 2006-2008. Back when Skifletch, Linden, and SteelHealr were really active on the site.
From the short time I have been back, I have noticed that things are going VERY SLOWLY. Sometimes I don't see any new topics or responses for days. I would really hate for this forum to die.
I like the smaller forums with a couple hundred members better than the ones that have a couple thousand. Does anyone have any ideas to maybe get more members and to get our current members more active?
I did notice that Steffie was posting some coral of the week topics as well as the "Identify That Coral" game. I personally thought that was a great idea.

Anyway, so I just went to my first frag swap this past Saturday at ThatFishPlace!
One of the 22 species of coral I bought was a Red/Green/Blue Blastomussa Merletti.
Since then, it has by far, become one of my favorite corals.

SO, LETS SEE THOSE BLASTO'S!

Nick D.

P.S. I will post a picture of mine over the weekend when I get ahold of my dads Nikon D-200.
The only camera I have currently is on my phone and you can't tell if its a blasto or a chewed piece of gum.

I had a blasto for a while... a really nice frag with a pink rim and lime green center. Then my urchin carried a piece of acro that had broken off of a colony and dropped it off right on top of this blasto...and if you don't know, acro vs. blasto, acro wins every time :(

OUCH, that sucks.
I never had an urchin, was afraid it would knock everything over and eat all my coralline algae.
I'm about to banish all of my hermit crabs to the LFS because they keep knocking over all my frags.
Plus I have a suspicion that they don't clean very much. :X

Your Blasto sounds beautiful and mine probably looks a lot like yours did.
I just moved it to the middle of the tank from the bottom and it is really loving the higher lighting.

I'm trying to get another merletti that has a light blue center with a bright pink rim at the next swap in my area.

Nick

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back