mattkat1414

Reaction score
i have a livebearer that has become swollen and his scales are sticking up. He has been sick like this for a few days. He still comes up and eats food, but usually stays at the bottom, other than that he doesn't show any odd behavior. I shined a flashlight on him and didn't see any specs or sparkles, so it's not ick. I had another fish many months ago with the same symptoms that took a few weeks to die from it. I don't know the exact parameters of my water, but last time it was perfect. I have attached a picture of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    994.6 KB · Views: 273
We need more info than "Last time it was perfect" Exact water quality can help with diagnosing and finding the cause for your fish getting sick since you said this is the second time it has happened.

That's a female guppy with what appears to be advanced dropsy, not sure there is much you can do for her at this stage but as Snork says post up some stats so we can see if there is a reason for this.

Definitely dropsy, unfortunately it will most likely die soon and there isn't much you can do for it. Dropsy is usually only treatable before the scales flare like this, and it's nearly undetectable before they do which makes catching this disease and treating for it before it's too late very difficult. Most people treat with aquarium salt but I wouldn't recommend you do this now as it's probably too late for this one and it would only cause stress on the rest of the inhabitants

I hate seeing this disease crop up in fish, my heart drops every time I see it. It's a sad thing to deal with

Most reactions

trending

Back