Sick bettas!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What I would recommend: Do a 75% water change today, on Thursday do another water change, on Sunday do a water change. Basically all I would do is water changes

If the parameters stay as close to 0, preferably 0, continue but if they raise up, go higher

Worrying update.....

Water parameters are the same, but the fish both remained lethargic today. Armani showed some activity, but was on his side, as well as Giorgio. Giorgio takes breaths but then sinks back down, sadly. Armani, somewhat of the same. I noticed that they began swimming on their side, and their eyes like, bugged out..... Armani perked up when eating, I think Giorgio ate a bit, I fed brine shrimp today....Could it be swim bladder disease?

Any thoughts? @TheTenthDoctor @NCaquatics . Gonna tag @Colin_T as his knowledge would help so much as well.

I’m sorry to hear that... I am also very stressed with school work and regular work. It seems everyone around the world, not just in the USA feel the same way. (I play Pixel Gun 3-D and there are people from China, Asia, Africa, you name it. They all have told me they can’t grind for the clan because of school)

Anyway, back to the bettas...

I concur with the water changes. That is pretty much all you can do for now. The salt may help a little more, so if you wish to keep up with that then that’s ok.

Some Indian almond leaves and maybe an antibiotic may be necessary, in case this is bacterial.

Do they share a divided tank?

Some Indian almond leaves and maybe an antibiotic may be necessary, in case this is bacterial.

Do they share a divided tank?
Yes they do.

Almond leaves, I can prepare some tannin water.

Some bad news tho....Giorgio has passed away. What seems to be a chemical burn at his gills is something I've just noticed. Well....I saw it coming. Something tells me Armani will pass within the week. Splendid....

Has something contaminated their tank?

Update....

I'm totally prepared for the fact that Armani will pass soon. I hope he doesnt, but if he does I'm at peace with it, I'm ok and at peace. Just a matter of acceptance....

Water parameters were the same, lower ammonia and nitrate levels (yay). Took out the tank divider today, removed the other kind of substrate from Giorgio's side of the aquarium. I want Armani to live out the rest of his days in comfort in the whole tank.

Yes they do.

Almond leaves, I can prepare some tannin water.

Some bad news tho....Giorgio has passed away. What seems to be a chemical burn at his gills is something I've just noticed. Well....I saw it coming. Something tells me Armani will pass within the week. Splendid....

Sorry for your loss.. RIP Giorgio :rip:

Id keep some salt for them yes.

When you test your water, post the results?
Add 1 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt for very 5 gallons of tank water the first day. If you are only doing 20% water Changes (I would do much more but do what you are comfortable with) then each time you do a water change, add about 1/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt.

Add 1 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt for very 5 gallons of tank water the first day. If you are only doing 20% water Changes (I would do much more but do what you are comfortable with) then each time you do a water change, add about 1/4 tablespoon of dissolved aquarium salt.
I've been doing that :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back