Sick bettas!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I did do a total water change last night actually, and can you explain the charcoal?
Charcoal absorbs and neutralizes some toxins, so if it is a contamination it can help with that

Yes they sell them at stores either in cartridges, loose, or in media bags. Check the filter supply section

Yes they sell them at stores either in cartridges, loose, or in media bags. Check the filter supply section
I'll have to go to PetSmart tomorrow to check that out. Currently not home at the moment, and the shops will close soon (not that I could go anyways at the moment), so if Armani survives the night then definitely.

You use carbon in aquariums to remove chemicals. Activated Carbon or Highly Activated Carbon is better than normal carbon.

Don't use charcoal in an aquarium.

You use carbon in aquariums to remove chemicals. Activated Carbon or Highly Activated Carbon is better than normal carbon.

Don't use charcoal in an aquarium.
Right, so I'm assuming @NCaquatics meant carbon but it came out charcoal, as Activated Carbon makes sense :). So what should I be looking for, what should I using. Any medicines you'd recommend as well?

Derp haha thats the word, carbon. I had a brain fart haha so sorry.
Future reference if I say charcoal I mean carbon.

Derp haha thats the word, carbon. I had a brain fart haha so sorry.
Future reference if I say charcoal I mean carbon.
Ah then when I run out to the store tomorrow I'll grab it. You're fine lol.

So should I get granules, cartridges, or a sponge? And also, should I go pick up some medicines or is that too extra?

So should I get granules, cartridges, or a sponge?
It depends what will fit in your filter.

I have small cheap internal filter in the cupboard which is meant to be used with a block of sponge inside. I also have a bag of carbon granules and a home made net bag. If I need to use carbon, I put granules in the bag inside the filter (instead of the sponge). Carbon granules are dusty and need rinsing before putting it in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back