Siamese Guppies?

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Aberdeen
Hi i was wondering if anyone who has bred guppies before has had it were 2 fry are joined together ?
i have 2 guppie fry who are joined on top of each other and the bottom one is dead and the top one is alive and swimming about fine.
is there anything you can do about it? and will it probably just die soon anyway?

here is pics!

Photo-0347.jpg

Photo-0362.jpg
 
I find with my small endlers the quickest way is a pint glass of water with about 4 chucks of ice in it. Plop the fish in and it puts it to sleep in a second or two. Scientifically proven to be euphoric for the fish in the short time it is chilled...I'm sure someone will moan though.
 
just been looking at it again i think they both could actually be alive.
there are joind 1 on top of another not side by side.
what should i do??
 
just been looking at it again i think they both could actually be alive.
there are joind 1 on top of another not side by side.
what should i do??

I am curious to see them, can you take a picture?

I would think that if one is sick or dead, then you should put it out of it's misery. If they are both eating and thriving, well, then I don't see any reason to.
 
That is really interesting. I would love to see a pic. If they are in misery, I would put them out, but if they don't seem to be struggling I would leave them and see. I have never heard of or experienced this and I find it very interesting.
 
Leave them for 2 days if they are alive, i have had fry like this and the yellow feeding sacks sometimes stick together, when its all gone they may part and may not, i have had ones part and also ones not and die..

Yours may not be this but its worth a shot :)
 
Leave them for 2 days if they are alive, i have had fry like this and the yellow feeding sacks sometimes stick together, when its all gone they may part and may not, i have had ones part and also ones not and die..

Yours may not be this but its worth a shot :)


its been 4days lol
and is eating well
 
Leave them for 2 days if they are alive, i have had fry like this and the yellow feeding sacks sometimes stick together, when its all gone they may part and may not, i have had ones part and also ones not and die..

Yours may not be this but its worth a shot :)


its been 4days lol
and is eating well

Oh well it aint that then, personally though would not kill it, would see how it goe, but im wierd lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top