‘short body’ corydoras

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It's balloon fish that get a lot of bashing because these have been created by selective breeding to give a fish which has health issues due the organs being all squashed up. Fish which are naturally short bodied don't have problems.

Saw a balloon molly for the first time at LFS on Monday. Poor thing looked like someone tried to fit a corset on it and failed miserably ?

One of my Pets at Home black corys ended up short and stumpy, unlike its pals. It died recently. I wasn't surprised. Not intentionally bred that way -- just a genetic screw-up -- but I heard from a good source that issues in C. schulzei are common because they're overbred and inbred. And mine (at least the good-looking ones) have bred. Ach well.

Just found this thread after doing some google research on 4 of my bronze corydora group , I added them a while back off a trusted source , I don’t even go and pick my fish anymore I just tell him what I want and he drops them at my house , they were tiny baby’s probably under an inch months on they are bigger but not bigger if that makes sense they look like heads with fins , really short body’s , they swim they eat they are part of the social activity among the group , have short body corydora snuck into the hobby or is this natural

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back