Shh...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Assuming you have bought from Thailand before? There may be some sticker shock if not, and you didn't get a quote before hand. The Transhipper is the heavy in the deal. They charge for their services. They must bring the fish through cuctoms and quarantine as well as the repackaging and shipping.

I actually haven't. Price isn't a big issue for me. But what exactly do you mean, I might get ripped off?/

No No, not at all. The transhippers fees are heavy. You will seldom get ripped off from an established seller or his agents on AB.

BTW, Congrats on a lovely pair. Send me babies. :wub:

Yup I am. My brother is getting one, he sort of looked at me with sarcastic eyes when I told him he was getting a 30$ fish for free... hmph... people just don't appreciate my services.

All I can hope is they'll breed okay and the male won't be an egg eater. I'll have to get them used to their surroundings for a week or two first, though.

They're shipping on the tenth... dunno how long it will take to go to Seattle, my IAL leaves took about 2 days so I'll estimate it on that. And them maybe a day for checkup with the transhipper and it should be by me within a day after that.

Congrats! They are an absolutely stunning pair, best of luck with breeding them!

Did you consider picking them up rather than entrusting them to the USPS? It has been years since I got fish from Thailand; I am getting old; my memory is fuzzy; I don't remember how long it took or the process exactly. But IAL leaves don't have to be quarantined or walked through customs. The transhipper will tell you if you email her.

You can BTW get IAL leaves from suppliers in the states. I got mine from a supplier through IBC.

Hehehe... I can't do that. :/ I don't have my drivers license yet and it would cost so ridiculously much. But yeah. I dunno how long it's going to take, I was just making that estimation because it's a fish and I don't know if there's a time limit on how long it stays in the post.

Email the trans shipper. That is the expected routine. Then you won't have to wonder or surmise. Just got word that my $400 shipment of wild Corys is lost and in limbo in the US government bureaucracy :hyper: :shout:

Aw I'm sorry. :unsure: I emailed her @ 10 and it's 6 now sooo... I dunno... Basically just a waiting game, I'm gonna be PO'D if my email wasn't sent or something. :lol: I have to admit this guy is on my mind, can't help but wonder what he's doing right now.

Most reactions

Back