Second Stage Cycle Started Today Help

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ok did a 40% water change to bring nitrites down i will test again later

good stuff, sounds like you're very nearly there now, keep testing daily but you'll find you can just do a water change every couple of days then when it goes down to once a week you can just embark on a regular weekly water change pattern. :good:

good stuff, sounds like you're very nearly there now, keep testing daily but you'll find you can just do a water change every couple of days then when it goes down to once a week you can just embark on a regular weekly water change pattern. :good:

day 21

ammonia 0.10
nitrite 0.10
nitrate 5

ph 7.2

temp 80

fish starving this morning ,well they act it :good:

sounds good to my Miss Wiggle , i am glad no morning water change that made for a mad rush to work :crazy:

:lol: yes, they sure do. Mine have times when the frenzy makes me think there are going to be head-on collisions. I've always imagined that quite a few species have adapted during evolution to make as fast and minimal an appearance at the surface as possible because that's where land-based animals may have a shot and catching them!

I really like how energetic they get when they are living in the right water. Not sure whether you've been able to see a difference in your fish from back when you had some ammonia and nitrite in there, but now that you're keeping it close to zero, you may be seeing more energetic behaviour.

~~waterdrop~~

:lol: yes, they sure do. Mine have times when the frenzy makes me think there are going to be head-on collisions. I've always imagined that quite a few species have adapted during evolution to make as fast and minimal an appearance at the surface as possible because that's where land-based animals may have a shot and catching them!

absolutely true, take the angelfish, to other fish it's big enough to look like a threat and not be attacked, but to larger animals outside the water they're nigh on inivisible from above, the skinnier you are the less chance you have of being caught by a bird or mammal at the waters edge!

absolutely true, take the angelfish, to other fish it's big enough to look like a threat and not be attacked, but to larger animals outside the water they're nigh on inivisible from above, the skinnier you are the less chance you have of being caught by a bird or mammal at the waters edge!

5:30 reading

ammonia 0.25
nitrite 0.25
nitrate 5

ph 7.2

temp 80

all fish doing great

doing water change now

MW, have you noticed how rock steady her pH stays compared to Matt's? Wouldn't it be interesting to know the difference in KH between these two? Sigh...

morning

day what are we 23 or 24 lol

ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5

ph 7.2

temp holding

alll fish happy

MW, have you noticed how rock steady her pH stays compared to Matt's? Wouldn't it be interesting to know the difference in KH between these two? Sigh...

i have a high kh still have to get a lq test for that but dip stick(LOL) said when tank was fist set up was over 240 so i increaded bubbles in tank some one told my that would help and it has, dip stick say around 180 now, i will get a lq test overthe long weekend and test it :good:

ok i know that are no good but used a dip stick just now
it says
no3 0
no2 0
ph 7.0
kh 0
gh 0 :lol:

Yeah, I like a tach in addition to my speedometer...

whoaaaaa what a night

ok test readings from 5 :30 pm

ammonia 0
nitrite 0.25 to 0.50
nitrate 5 to 10

ph 7.2

temp 80

and just for waterdrop i weny and got a lq gh and kh test kit:lol: :good:

gh took 4 drops but i did 5 to make sure it turned green so that is 71.6pm

kh took 4 as well 3 prob. would of done it so between 53.7 and 71.6

i will try my tap water tomorrow to tired now

so after a water change reading are as of 9 pm

ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5

ph 7.2

temp 80

all fish doing great :good:

day 24

7 30 am reading

ammonia 0
nitrite 0.25
nitrate 5
ph 7.2

temp holding 80

all fish great

i am think this is the second stage i am seeing more nitrires now than last week when i thought it was second stage ,
how long is this stage gonna last ?

Happy Thanksgiving fellow canadains :good:

Seems like you might be right on schedule. Since Bignose has his science experiments in the science section that have made us think of 21 days as somewhat special, we often suspect that things can get interesting after you've passed the 21day/3week mark.

Since your KH is down around 3 or 4 and your pH is not up in the 8.x range, and you are fish-in cycling, not fishless cycling, we'd expect your cycling to go a bit slower than ideal, so we'd not expect much before a month, but once you see that tendency for nitrite to spike then anything can happen!

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back