woooohooooo

5 pm reading 10.5 hours after adding ammonia to 4 ppm

ammonia 0
nitrites ZERO
nitrate 40+
ph 7.4
kh 3 drops

temp 30C

With every fishless cycler, its always interesting at this point to see whether the N-Bacs have truly crossed over in colony size and will show ZERO from now on or whether the testing of them was fluctuating a bit and some nitrites will still be seen at the 12 hour mark.

Since the science tells us that each cell on average splits into two about every 24 hours given ideal conditions, and the colony is in the millions (or some sort of huge size) now and showing its growth via the "times to zero" getting shorter and shorter, we expect the growth curve to be very steep. That should mean that we pass the "12 hours to drop to zero" mark in a single day and from then on you just won't ever see any purple again at the 12 hour mark.

So each time a fishless cycler gets here, it gets interesting to see whether their data will seem to support this view, or by not doing this, to show that there is something more complicated.

~~waterdrop~~

this morning reading are good

day 35 fishless day 73 all together

ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 40+
ph 7.0 letting it come down now for the angels :good:
kh 3 drops

temp 30C

added ammonia back to 4ppm

your kh is only 3, so a bit tricky not to let is crash.. its not a linear drop, I'd probably try to hover kh at 3 or 4 (what's your tap pH and KH again?)

your kh is only 3, so a bit tricky not to let is crash.. its not a linear drop, I'd probably try to hover kh at 3 or 4 (what's your tap pH and KH again?)

ok retest tap water

ph 7.8

kh 3 drops

retest tank
7.0 to 7.2 so close can't tell

kh 4 drops did this one twice cause at 6 am was 3

I don't know, seems like tap of 7.8 will bring the tank acidifications up by a nice gentle amount when they start to go down, so that should be good as long as you keep your water changes frequent enough. Actually, unless the angels were from the wild, I would think they would do fine in the pH ranges you are showing. What ya think MW?

~~waterdrop~~

hi guys

happy to report all reading were ZERO again today

today will be day 3 so if this keeps up i could have fishes saturday,i'll do a 90% change in the morning and get fish in the afternoon :good:

That was kept quite. Things are looking up for you and your fish situation :good:

The modern tank bred angels won't be overly fussed about pH, just so long as it is stable. If you want wild caught stock (vary hard to come by and expencive when you do arround my way...) then the pH needs to be arround 6.5, but otherwise, anything under 8 will be fine :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

yup agree with the above, sounds like your all on course nad hte pH should be fine. :good:

thanks everyone :D
day 3 steady readings :p
readings tonight are
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 4+
ph 7.2
kh 3 drops
temp 30C

Looking good :good:, looks like we've pretty much hit the end of cycling at the same time :)
Not sure what others will recommend, but I've chosen now to start winding my temperature back down to 'fish level' rather than 'bacteria level'. Just thought I'd mention it as it's very easy to forget after all this time :)

Yes, good point not to forget! -Everything- should be double-checked at fish-introduction time!

That said, you of course can fill with somewhat colder water when you do your 90% water change after tossing out the bacteria water.

~~waterdrop~~
We are all very excited for you Lana!!

Yes, good point not to forget! -Everything- should be double-checked at fish-introduction time!

That said, you of course can fill with somewhat colder water when you do your 90% water change after tossing out the bacteria water.

~~waterdrop~~
We are all very excited for you Lana!!

:) It wasn't so much the 'cooling' of the water that made me decide to turn it down now, but more because it will likely need several 'tweaks' to get it to stabalise at the desired temperature :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back