Second Stage Cycle Started Today Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes, good point, its sometimes hard to get the knob set to the right place for the temp you want your thermometer to show!

Hope its still raining zeros up there in Canada, Lana!

~~waterdrop~~ :)

Yes, good point, its sometimes hard to get the knob set to the right place for the temp you want your thermometer to show!

Hope its still raining zeros up there in Canada, Lana!

~~waterdrop~~ :)

hey WD

yup it is still alll ZEROS and i am loving it, i am doing a 90% water change tomorrow and getting fish this weekend

i can't wait ...lol

Great! This is the really tall tank, right? When you figure out where to get some really tall grass plants that go all the way up and turn the corner at the surface, let me know! I want some too! I sure think it sounds like those filters are finally well populated (though its probably divided into roughly thirds, right?, lol.)

~~waterdrop~~

You want to be looking at Vallis Spirallis WD ;) Great tall grass plant that only needs low-light and no ferts to do well :good:

good one rab, will chk it --wd

well did 90% water change this morning will get fishies tomorrow if reading are good

just checked them
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 5 to 10
ph 7.4
temp 30C read angels like that correct me if i am wrong and should lower it

Though the angels will like it and it drives down parasite levels in the system, it will speed the motabolisum of smaller fish and reduce their life-span. It won't do imediate harm, in fact I use heat (arround 34c) as treatment for most protazoan parasites on it's own, but it won't be good for many fish long-term :sad:

All the best
Rabbut

Though the angels will like it and it drives down parasite levels in the system, it will speed the motabolisum of smaller fish and reduce their life-span. It won't do imediate harm, in fact I use heat (arround 34c) as treatment for most protazoan parasites on it's own, but it won't be good for many fish long-term :sad:

All the best
Rabbut

well now what to do should i turn it down or leave it as it is :crazy:

Lots of tetras, cories, lots of fish. I would dial that temperature down. The angels won't mind it being lower and it'll be necessary for most anything else. I'd probably head down to say, 78F perhaps. Zebras and rasboras are obvious good starters if you're interested in either of them. If you wanted to plan to have neon tetras in with angels then its better for the neons to have been in prior to the angels, and neons usually like the water to have been 4 or 6 months old, so that presents a double problem. There's been a good discussion recently about how nice schools of rummy-noses are. Black neons are also nice, although I suppose its better if the water is older for them too.

~~waterdrop~~

ok i added fish,
this is what i added after 90% water change

6 angels,
3 albino cory
2 silver dollars
1 bushy nose plec
1 rubber nose plec

how are they doing? im soooooo excited for you!!! now let all that hard work pay off :good:

how are they doing? im soooooo excited for you!!! now let all that hard work pay off :good:

they seem fine can't really see in tank, lights been out since i added them.don't want them to stressed out to much lol

Most reactions

trending

Back