Searching for a filter for 29 gallon

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Keeeks206

Reaction score
I plan on purchasing a 29 gallon tank tomorrow and need help on picking a filter for my tank!

Iā€™ve heard a lot about the marine land filters but Iā€™m not sure which filters are the best for a 29 gallon. I plan to have around 15 ish fish in this tank.

Thank you.

What fish species do you intend keeping in this tank? And do you have or intend having any live plants?

Both of the above are important guides to the sort of filter. The filter not only "filters" in some way, it also is the source of water current, and current does affect fish. Some species need more, some need hardly any at all, and in small tanks like this one (by comparison) the current can be harmful to some fish as they are forced to endure it 24/7.

On my 29 gallon tank , I use a marineland 200 biowheel filter along with a air pump powered large sponge filter. I do not use cartridges in the marineland filter but insert a layer of 3/4 inch thick sponge and a layer of filter floss. I change out the floss and squeeze out the sponges in tank water every 2 weeks. Works for me.

A
On my 29 gallon tank , I use a marineland 200 biowheel filter along with a air pump powered large sponge filter. I do not use cartridges in the marineland filter but insert a layer of 3/4 inch thick sponge and a layer of filter floss. I change out the floss and squeeze out the sponges in tank water every 2 weeks. Works for me.
Awesome thanks so much

Most reactions

trending

Back