Sand Substrate

Mystil

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Somerset (UK)
Hello Guys

I heard from here a little while ago that people where using argos as a supplier of sand for their tanks....

Is this a good idea?

I need to add some more sand to my tank and I dont really fancy spending £7 odd quid on sand (which it what it cost me in a aquatic shop) when I can go to argos and spend £2.50 for a 15 kg bag of the stuff! :huh: :blink:

What do you think?
Is it any different that the sand I bought from the aquatic shop?

Thank you
liza
 
Argos is fine and 15kg is enough for a 125Ltr if putting a nutrient rich substrate underneath. If not then 2 bags for a 125Ltr. I'll let you do the maths for how much your tank would need.

Andy
 
Thanks andy
I already have some sand in the tank so i will have to get my thinking cap on!
I dont have enough to cover my pots for the plants I have so more sand it is.
 
I have just converted from black quartz to sand. (see signiture)

Argos playsand is great. It's light in colour and contains no grit. It's very clean too but you MUST rinse the dust out thoroughly before use
 
Thanks...

The last stuff I bought I ended up cleaning it about 10 times for each bag!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top