Sad Sad Night

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
I added a strong power head to my tank for extra water movement. I had a tube on the end of it. Well I went to check on my fish after work and I found one of my fav new Hero Notatus got sucked up and died. I'm crushed she was so cute and sweet the perfect addition. I was so excited to watch her grow. She was doing great.

I'm thinking I will order another. I hope it will be as nice as this one. Poor little spot I have never been so upset over the death of a fish. have you ever dried over the death of a fish?

oh bless you
sad1.gif
they do have a way of sneaking into your heart when you`re not looking,don`t they

shelagh xxx

Thanks. It was a bit of a shock to me. Poor little guy. Times like this when I feel like such a dork because they are more then just fish to me. They are my wet little pets.

its not a fish but still i miss him so much larry my electric blue crayfish who climbed out the tank while i was away and i got back to a dead larry :( he was a laugh when a live all my uni m8s loved him lol sorry to hear about your loss .

I had to put my fave guppy to sleep forever yesterday. She had a scuffle with the male a couple of weeks ago and ended up missing the front of her jaw. Her jaw never healed properly and she couldn't eat the same sized flakes as the other fish, so i had to crush them as small as the fry flakes but she never got to them in time. Her stomach went like this:
Pregnant - (__). Stomach sticking out.
After drop - |__|. Stomach normal.
Just before i had to euthanize her - )__(. Rapid weight loss.
She was the youngest one i had and the only one who would eat out of my fingers. Whenever i went to feed them she was the first one there ready for her meal.
I cried alot when i had to do this infact whenever i look at my tank now it irritates me that something is missing but them i think about whats missing and i start off again.

R.I.P Rainbow.
R.I.P Spot.

Xxx~misscosmo~xxX

I lost a male honey gourami to something very similar awhile ago. He managed to lodge himself into the filter slats (it was a fluval 3+) and he obviously couldn't get out so died in there slightly mangled up. I cried too, partly cause I felt I was somehow resonsible and partly cause he was one of my pets and I was rather attached.
Just cause you can't cuddle them like a cat or dog doesn't mean you don't care for them.

So sad, you put time in to growing your little wet pets and get very attached watching them grow up, then something crappy like this happens, I'm sorry for your loss...

I have a tank upgrade happening soon, I hope all goes well with that, I'll be absolutely gutted if any of my fish have any problems. Fingers crossed all goes well

Thanks. It was a bit of a shock to me. Poor little guy. Times like this when I feel like such a dork because they are more then just fish to me. They are my wet little pets.

its not dorky at all you always get a certain fish that you get attatched to its only natural. i was the same when i lost my 8" rotkeil i was absolutely gutted. sorry for your loss rip little sev . :rip:

Thanks again everyone. I'm going to order 2 hero notatus. I took that death trap power head out. This is not the first fish I found sucked up in it. :-( I lost a 3" Emperor tetra and my rubber nose pleco. I thought they died from the salt treatment I did. My husband brought it to my attention that they might have jus gotten sucked up and then died. Because I know the Notatus was healthy and I was done with the Salt treatment.

Anyways I learned my lesson. I'm never useing that stupid power head again. Its a death trap.

Thanks again everyone. I'm going to order 2 hero notatus. I took that death trap power head out. This is not the first fish I found sucked up in it. :-( I lost a 3" Emperor tetra and my rubber nose pleco. I thought they died from the salt treatment I did. My husband brought it to my attention that they might have jus gotten sucked up and then died. Because I know the Notatus was healthy and I was done with the Salt treatment.

Anyways I learned my lesson. I'm never useing that stupid power head again. Its a death trap.

Yes did you want to say something ?

Terribly sorry to hear about your loss. Always hurts when a lovely fish goes, especially not by natural causes.

Bad luck :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back