Rummy Nose Tets.

S

sanj

My water conditions are:

ph 7.0 -7.4 (well 7.4 is tap water)

Kh 7

Gh 14

Are they too fusy? If so what about cardinals?

Rummy Nosed Tetras are very senetive to changes in water conditions, if I were you I would find out the PH of the lfs and then try to match that to your PH in order to avoid shock. If the fish is stressed its nose will lose colour and become faint, if the colour has not returned a week after the move then something is normally wrong.

Good Luck

I posted a piece about the three species called "Rummy Noses" here.

When acclimating them to your water make sure you add a little of your tank water to the bag while they float. Keeping adding a little bit more over a period of about an hour. I usually add no more than 1 tsp at a time. This will allow the pH in the bag to come closer to your pH. Their nose will let you know if something is wrong.

Make sure they are fully colored in the store before you buy them. Some lfs will sell them when they are too young to have the color, but I advise buying ones with color.

HTH,
Philip

I may just be lucky, but my Rummy Noses are doing just fine at a pH of 7.6. My tap water comes out this way and rather than continuously treat it with massive doses of chemicals, I just let it be. It hasn't caused me any trouble yet. I am very good about water changes.....I do 20% every Saturday with a gravel cleaning. (Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 40)
I let the Rummies float in the bag for a long time and slowly added tank water for about an hour. It was funny though, when a finally put them in the tank they fell straight to the bottom and just laid there. I thought they were dead, I have never seen anything like it. But I turned the light off and left them alone for a few hours and they turned out to be just fine. There noses got a little pale the first few days, but the color came back pretty quick and they swim around like crazy now.

:D :) :D

quick question..do rummy noses have that interesting white and black checked tail??I have two of them and my ph is only 6.2 and hard water..they are doing well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back