River Creek 22g

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Absolutely love that tank. What temp do you have it set at?

Got 2 Hidom ProHeat Quartz heaters in this one. Not the brand i usual use but i purchased them as back up heaters a while back. Thought id test them out.
Finally got around to testing these today as all of my heaters have been unplugged for a while :) . Picked up two 100W heaters as they were the perfect size. So much neater than the gargantuan Interpet one that was in there. Looks well made and the bucket test today showed its calibration as being spot on. I'll test the second one tomorrow. FWIW the LED in the Interpet has failed and inside the tube is a mass of condensation. It does still work - I just can't tell when its working. Won't be using that brand again and will keep it as a backup. Not that I am likely to need it with 8 heaters between 4 tanks :rofl:

The Inkbird controller is still a few days (???) away as nobody had stock locally so I had to order direct from China (via eBay).

Finally got around to testing these today as all of my heaters have been unplugged for a while :) . Picked up two 100W heaters as they were the perfect size. So much neater than the gargantuan Interpet one that was in there. Looks well made and the bucket test today showed its calibration as being spot on. I'll test the second one tomorrow. FWIW the LED in the Interpet has failed and inside the tube is a mass of condensation. It does still work - I just can't tell when its working. Won't be using that brand again and will keep it as a backup. Not that I am likely to need it with 8 heaters between 4 tanks :rofl:

The Inkbird controller is still a few days (???) away as nobody had stock locally so I had to order direct from China (via eBay).
They arent bad at all and so far have worked great in my tank. Im always a bit weary trying new brands but they are the perfect size and like you say they are well made :)
Always nice to have the insurance of the inkbird controllers.

20200919_215354.jpg
20200919_211008.jpg

Not done a update on the River Creek & Brook tanks for a while. Had some nice growth since the set ups begun.

R. Creek
Screenshot_20200919-222453_Chrome.jpg
as had some little critters turn up lately which have had a nibble on a few plants so ive had to send some muscle in (Assassin snails:flex:) to sort them out. They have done the trick and with some fresh root tabs in the plants have bounced back nicely.

R.Brook. added a bit more driftwood a while back and i introduced a bit more colour yesterday with some trailing ivy.

Both these tanks are a doddle to care for and very enjoyable to watch.

Only just realised how each tank mirrors the other for where you have the small pebbled sections, so if you were to push them together they'd almost exist as one.. very clever! :D are the large plants on the right of r.creek some sort of crypt?

Only just realised how each tank mirrors the other for where you have the small pebbled sections, so if you were to push them together they'd almost exist as one.. very clever! :D are the large plants on the right of r.creek some sort of crypt?
Where I have 2 tanks next to each other I have done similar. My dream would be 5 or 6 tanks the size of the river creek tank all end to end with a single panoramic theme running through them. Probably something like following the course of a river through mountains, forest, savanah, coastal wetlands and finally into the sea (marine tank)

Yes i wanted to tie the two tanks together somehow so created the pebble sections to give that affect. Nice to know it shows that way :good:

Yes both Crypts..Wendtii at the back and beckettii in the foreground:)

Where I have 2 tanks next to each other I have done similar. My dream would be 5 or 6 tanks the size of the river creek tank all end to end with a single panoramic theme running through them. Probably something like following the course of a river through mountains, forest, savanah, coastal wetlands and finally into the sea (marine tank)
Sounds pretty cool:cool:

Certainly be a sight to be seen that and a wicked project to do

Very beautiful! I bet you get a lot of compliments when people come into your house? :hey:

That's a beauty, Russ! 25C is to aquariums what 350F is to baking. When in doubt, set it at 25C.
I was contemplating knocking this tank up to 27c today when i was viewing some golden Rams lol. Their was a stunning male but id have to move my Honeys which i didnt think was fair. Maybe another time

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back