Reefone 2010 Heater In Biorb 60

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

EileenS

Reaction score
I hope its not a silly question but we just set up our first ever aquarium on Thursday evening, filled it with tap water and put the manufacturers water treatment powder in there, got the pump working and the heater.

Its a Reef One 2010 Heater that came with the BiOrb and although the power light came on and we set it to 76 degrees (as adviused) the temperature didnt climb above 68/70 in 48 hours :( so I didnt know if we did something wrong.

We were advised this morning to replace 10 of the 60 litres of water with a fresh 10 litres of luke warm water. The temperature seems to levelled off at 74/75 now (6 hours later).

Do you reckon the heater is duff or was it having to work too hard ?

Should the little power light be on permanently (because this is on for a while, then it goes off and comes on again later :crazy: )

ANY advice appreciated

I had a biorb heater and found that within a few weeks I had to set it to 32 degrees C just to keep the termometer at 24 degrees. Was not impressed.

I get a new heater with an electronic thromstat and a second thermometer. I found that it was the heater just being rubbish. My new one rarely allows for a fluctuation of any more than 0.2 degrees.

It's a fluval 50W, but I guess you will need at least 75W for the Biorb 60.

Also, make sure the heater is not touching the ground anywhere, and is totally immersed in the water.

Steve

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back