Ray Tank

emnem

New Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Antrobus, Northwich
Hi everyone.

I've been looking at getting a large scale tank suitable of housing a Ray.

I have been told a 7ft wide by 3ft deep and 2ft tall tank woukld be the minimum size. would this be correct?

I have been searching the internet and am struggling to find any sites that sell tanks of this size. I am aware of the web sites were custom tanks can be made, but they obvioustly come at a big premium.

If anyone knows of any websites were appropriate tanks are available please could you let me know.

thanks everyone

Ste
 
Where are you based? UK/USA etc?

Poisedons palace or ND aquatics are your best bet,
 
I dont think you need that size of a tank.
However it would be good!
I know it needs to be atleast 5ft.
And its better to have a bigger footprint.
Dont quote me on this though.
As im not the most knowledgable on rays.
Just talking from what I "think" I have read.

YF
 
Hey,
Am in the UK

They are a great help thanks.

Found a couple of tanks.

Just need a cabinet now, does anyone have any idea's about cabinets?

Thanks
 
you are much better getting that footprint than a standed 5/2/2 as they need the length and width more than anything, shame you was not around 6 months ago, they gave away on aquariast classified's a 8/3/2 custom built with stand and sump yes for free....

try aqauriast classifieds, they have alot of tank builder's on there who build tank's to your specification's and stand's of all taste's, a lad on mfk had them come round and build the tank in his fish room as it was to big for door, he said it was brilliant and a fair price...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top