Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'd like to see the reaction of the guy who bought the lingerie as a gift for his girlfriend and opened the Amazon Box and found wood rasps in the box.
"So babe, you're gonna love this pair of li- wood?... Rasps?..."

Nooooow I remember what this whole situation reminds me of 😂.
The scene in "Meet the Parents" where his luggage got messed up 😳😂

My younger son just sent me some dash cam footage from his journey to work this morning, and a phone call.

The dash cam footage shows the tanker heading towards the central reservation, hitting the gantry and jackknifing in front of his car, then the car driving through the white cloud erupting from the tanker. He swerved to the outside of the road, stopped on the hard shoulder and ran back.
The tanker was carrying quick lime. As a chemist he knew the danger and informed the fire brigade as soon as they arrived. As a witness with dash cam footage, he was interviewed by the police and finally released at 10 am so he went back home, showered and washed his clothes. Then took the rest of the day off.
He didn't think there was any damage to his car but he heard a bang which turned out to be damage from a piece of the tanker hitting the car on the opposite side from the accident. And the car is covered in quick lime. It is lucky he wasn't a few metres behind where he was or the damage to his car and him could have been worse.

My younger son just sent me some dash cam footage from his journey to work this morning, and a phone call.

The dash cam footage shows the tanker heading towards the central reservation, hitting the gantry and jackknifing in front of his car, then the car driving through the white cloud erupting from the tanker. He swerved to the outside of the road, stopped on the hard shoulder and ran back.
The tanker was carrying quick lime. As a chemist he knew the danger and informed the fire brigade as soon as they arrived. As a witness with dash cam footage, he was interviewed by the police and finally released at 10 am so he went back home, showered and washed his clothes. Then took the rest of the day off.
He didn't think there was any damage to his car but he heard a bang which turned out to be damage from a piece of the tanker hitting the car on the opposite side from the accident. And the car is covered in quick lime. It is lucky he wasn't a few metres behind where he was or the damage to his car and him could have been worse.
He was lucky not to have been caught up in that mess....the car can be sorted, which is a good thing, better is that he was unhurt.

When driving distances on a regular basis, the sights that you see can be mindblowing sometimes.

Back when driving the artic (UK equivalent of US 18 wheeler) in the late 1980's, I was happily pootling along the northbound M1 motorway, minding my own business when about quarter of a mile infront of me a Boening 737-400 came down and broke apart on the motorway embankment.

It was quite strange cos I saw the plane coming towards the motorway, it seemed way lower than usual for Kegworth (the final approach to Castle Donnington Airport is over the motorway at Kegworth).

For the last few minutes of its flight I was saying to myself...."you need to be higher.....you need to be higher.....you REALLY need to be higher!"

Instinctively I slowed down and hit the harzard lights, grabbed the radio cos I knew one of the other lads from our depot was heading southbound so had them slow everything down and I rang the emergency services just as the airliner hit the embankment

It was the 8th January 1989 and the British Midland crash that killed 47 people.

One of my hobbies at the time and long before is aircrashes and what causes them and what changes are made after them. I have seen some really nasty crash photos and read equally gruesome reports over the years....but it still didn't prepare me for seeing an airliner coming down right infront of me. The sounds from the plane milliseconds before impact, the sounds from within the aircraft after a momentary silence...and the sights of the aftermath.....they stay with you forever.

Who has put dechlorinator straight on bleach? What happened? Cause I kinda want to try it... 😂

Who has put dechlorinator straight on bleach? What happened? Cause I kinda want to try it... 😂
I've done this, and I don't advise it. Last time I tried, the two reacted to form an antimatter singularity, which transformed into a black hole and destroyed the entire cosmos. Won't make that mistake again.

I have.

I spilled some bleach on the bathroom carpet while cleaning in there so I grabbed my dechlorinator and poured it over the spillage. Then cleaned the carpet. It saved the carpet. It may have wasted a lot of dechlorinator but that's cheaper than needing to replace the carpet.

There was no reaction whatsoever. Apart from the black hole which appeared in the middle of the bathroom floor, of course.

There was no reaction whatsoever. Apart from the black hole which appeared in the middle of the bathroom floor, of course.
71+CzVZYFBL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back