Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Pro tip: donā€™t decide to feed your fish halfway through painting your nails. Especially if itā€™s flake food. You will find curious little crumbs in your half dried polishā€¦

Pro tip: donā€™t decide to feed your fish halfway through painting your nails. Especially if itā€™s flake food. You will find curious little crumbs in your half dried polishā€¦
Oof... Were you able to get the crumbs out? That must have sucked. And not asking this in a mean way but what were you doing trying to feed fish while using nail polish? That just doesn't seem good for multiple reasons

Oof... Were you able to get the crumbs out? That must have sucked. And not asking this in a mean way but what were you doing trying to feed fish while using nail polish? That just doesn't seem good for multiple reasons
No Iā€™ll just do another coat in the morning.

What was I thinking? Well I painted one hand, and used my dry hand to feed the flakes so I could watch them eat while my polish dried. I itched mu face and got little crumbs on my upper lip. When I blew on my nails to make them fry faster I blew the flake dust off my face onto my nailsā€¦ Iā€™m just a little oblivious, can you tell? :rofl: Maybe a better pro tip would be ā€œdonā€™t itch your face if you have fish flakes on your fingersā€

No Iā€™ll just do another coat in the morning.

What was I thinking? Well I painted one hand, and used my dry hand to feed the flakes so I could watch them eat while my polish dried. I itched mu face and got little crumbs on my upper lip. When I blew on my nails to make them fry faster I blew the flake dust off my face onto my nailsā€¦ Iā€™m just a little oblivious, can you tell? :rofl: Maybe a better pro tip would be ā€œdonā€™t itch your face if you have fish flakes on your fingersā€
Ah ok... I thought while you were painting your fingers you thought to yourself "Let me stick my hand that has a glue lime substance on it into a can full of flakey dry things"... But actually that sounds way better... I mean you probably didn't even know you had flakes on your mouth.

Ah ok... I thought while you were painting your fingers you thought to yourself "Let me stick my hand that has a glue lime substance on it into a can full of flakey dry things"... But actually that sounds way better... I mean you probably didn't even know you had flakes on your mouth.
Oh no lol. Fish flakes on my nail polish? I donā€™t care enough about how my nails look for that to matter. Nail polish in my fish tank? I would NEVER.

Pro tip: Use nail polish to make your fish shinier!*

*This is just a joke. Don't put nail polish on fish. Or any other living thing. Except yourself, if you're into that sort of thing. But only on your nails. Not on your lips. Because then you might blow it into the fish tank. Also, don't get fish food on your lips, because that's disgusting.

Finished my last concert of the school year tonight. I have my fourth and fifth graders write their own songs, and it's always a hoot. This year's highlights for me were "The World's Worst Hunting Partner" (about Dora the Explorer--Oh, the horor!), The Bear and the Wolf (a very dark allegory about WWII), and an instrumental called "The Battle of Thunder" that involved, among other things, sword fighting with instruments called "boomwhackers." Cool stuff. This post-concert victory shot looks a lot like a police lineup, which might not be entirely inappropriate.

concert.jpg

Finished my last concert of the school year tonight. I have my fourth and fifth graders write their own songs, and it's always a hoot. This year's highlights for me were "The World's Worst Hunting Partner" (about Dora the Explorer--Oh, the horor!),
Please tell me you recorded the Dora the explorer song. At least type the words up here, I wanna hear it. Boots and Dora out hunting. :)

I'm planning to put the whole concert on my school youtube (and yes, that is legal, allowed, and encouraged, before anyone starts going on about that again). I'll put up a link for you.
Please tell me you recorded the Dora the explorer song. At least type the words up here, I wanna hear it. Boots and Dora out hunting. :)

Mrs. Badger and I listened to Talking Heads songs while picking out paint samples for the house this evening. I think the music helped us make good decisions.

I watched the Platinum Jubilee Windsor Show last night

One of the participants was one of my all time favourites...the Basel based Top Secret Drum Corps.

These drummers are all from marching bands that take part in the Basel carnivals, they have no military band experience. They decided to get together into a corps in 1991 and they are truly incredible.

Seen here playing a drum-off with the UK Royal Marines Corps of Drums

They did a similar routine last night, it was absolutely magic

I watched the Platinum Jubilee Windsor Show last night

One of the participants was one of my all time favourites...the Basel based Top Secret Drum Corps.

These drummers are all from marching bands that take part in the Basel carnivals, they have no military band experience. They decided to get together into a corps in 1991 and they are truly incredible.

Seen here playing a drum-off with the UK Royal Marines Corps of Drums

They did a similar routine last night, it was absolutely magic
Love this but I love Runrig

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back