Random Discussion

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Well, I will be getting digital testers, because they are a lot more accurate than color-match or strips.
Find out if you need to calibrate the digital testers, most need to be done regularly or they give incorrect readings.

--------------------
I’m so sad guys... my dog died.

I feel so empty, he was my best friend, my pal. And now, he’s gone... :(
Sorry to hear about your dog dying. Man's best friend and it hurts when we lose them. :(

Any idea why he died?

Let this be a lesson to all of you - NEVER leave any pets or humans out in a car, regardless of what the weather is like.

Let this be a lesson to all of you - NEVER leave any pets or humans out in a car, regardless of what the weather is like.
There are laws against this. It's animal cruelty. Being against animal abuse doesn't need anecdotes or lessons. Leaving dogs in hot cars is neglectful and cruel, that isn't something that a forum full of people over the age of five years old need to be told.

Last edited:
There are laws against this. It's animal cruelty. Being against animal abuse doesn't need anecdotes or lessons. Leaving dogs in hot cars is neglectful and cruel, that isn't something that a forum full of people over the age of five years old need to be told.
Nobody intentionally leaves their baby, young child, or dog in the car when it is hot enough to be dangerous. That’s not a law people (I would hope) would ever try to break. People often don’t realize how hot it can get inside a closed car, especially if its in the sun, snd many many times, parents get distracted and don’t realize they didn’t unbuckle their small children. ”Animal Cruelty“ is the intentional mistreatment of an animal. In my opinion, as long as there are stories in the news about children who’s parents didn’t realize they left the kid in the car, you shouldn’t correct someone for a reminder like that (especially not someone who just lost their pet, because he was in the car too long). I saw PK’s warning as a reminder that “it gets hotter so much faster than you would think, don’t want this to happen to anybody else”

Nobody intentionally leaves their baby, young child, or dog in the car when it is hot enough to be dangerous. That’s not a law people (I would hope) would ever try to break. People often don’t realize how hot it can get inside a closed car, especially if its in the sun, snd many many times, parents get distracted and don’t realize they didn’t unbuckle their small children. ”Animal Cruelty“ is the intentional mistreatment of an animal. In my opinion, as long as there are stories in the news about children who’s parents didn’t realize they left the kid in the car, you shouldn’t correct someone for a reminder like that (especially not someone who just lost their pet, because he was in the car too long). I saw PK’s warning as a reminder that “it gets hotter so much faster than you would think, don’t want this to happen to anybody else”
Negligence still counts as animal cruelty. This isn't a discussion that we should be having. There are hundreds of cases where this has happened, and thousands of times the entire world has been told "don't leave dogs in hot cars" and yet it still happens. It just makes me lose faith in humanity honestly.

Negligence still counts as animal cruelty. This isn't a discussion that we should be having. There are hundreds of cases where this has happened, and thousands of times the entire world has been told "don't leave dogs in hot cars" and yet it still happens. It just makes me lose faith in humanity honestly.
Sure, negligence could be considered animal cruelty, but negligence is defined as “careless, sloppy”. accident is defined as “mishap, unfortunate incident, tragedy” I just don’t think anyone who accidentally left a pet in the car should be accused of animal cruelty, as they already I’m sure feel horribly guilty, and it wasn’t just that they didn’t bother to think about it, or bother to make a good decision. Part of having pets is simply doing your best, it’s just that we’re all human, and humans make mistakes. Things happen, and I don’t think accidents like what happened to PK‘s dog should be labeled as “animal cruelty”

PK's family made a terrible mistake that had tragic consequences. He shared what he learned from that mistake. Arguing the fine points of cruelty vs. negligence, or even negligence vs. accident isn't the point. He's feeling bad about what happened. He knows what they did was wrong. There's no point in committing cruelty of our own in response.
This isn't a discussion that we should be having.
Agreed. Perhaps we should quit having it.

Kim Kardashian left South West in a building once l:

Wow man, I really appreciate your simpathy.
“it gets hotter so much faster than you would think, don’t want this to happen to anybody else”
I totally agree.

I took a thermometer out to the car the day he died, and after 15 minutes of it sitting in the car, it read 130F.

It’s crazy how hot it can get in cars.

Agreed. Perhaps we should quit having it.
I had a response written up, but I’m not going to post it. It’s just not worth it.

No worries :). Here to talk whenever you need.
1623007128272.jpeg

Why should I be sympathetic? I don't have an obligation to feel for you. 🤷‍♂️ I'm not planning on starting an argument because this thread is fun and getting it locked would be a pain, so I'm politely asking now that we stop this "discussion" considering a mod has already said to stop.

Most reactions

Back