Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Internet companies will try to convince you that you need more speed at a higher cost. Many households will get by just fine with 25 mbps or even less. But internet companies try to convince you to upgrade to 100 mbps or even 1 gbps when you would never even get close to needing that speed.
That is if a person lives somewhere that has high-speed internet available. I live out in the country, I can't even have satellites because of the tree lines. But I am lucky that I have a Verizon tower just 1.5 miles from my house. I use my cell phone with mobile hotspot data and also have an extra Verizon hotspot device. I smile and happy with 10 mbps.

I tell you something else that kinda irritates me. Back in the 80's my parents had an autoparts business. The people representing the franchise that my Dad had his store with, came in showing Dad how to make more sales. They taught us to keep re-arranging items on the shelves moving them around. That way customers will not get used to finding items in the same spot every time they walk into the store but instead be forced to look for a particular item and find other stuff to buy while doing so.

Last edited:
I tell you something else that kinda irritates me. Back in the 80's my parents had an autoparts business. The people representing the franchise that my Dad had his store with, came in showing Dad how to make more sales. They taught us to keep re-arranging items on the shelves moving them around. That way customers will not get used to finding items in the same spot every time they walk into the store but instead be forced to look for a particular item and find other stuff to buy while doing so.
They do this everywhere to keep people in the store for longer. It fuplie shits me. I was fortunate working at the pet shop. The boss knew about this sales ploy but didn't like it. He got just as pissed off as everyone else when he was looking for something after his wife had rearranged the stock on the shelves. The way he figured it, if he knew where something was, he could go straight there and get it instead of wandering around wasting his time trying to find it. Good job Peter (my boss) :)

The cold weather here where I live according to weather dot com on Monday night is supposed to get down to 8° F/-13 C.
This is very rare for my area, so rare that when it happens we mark it on the calendar as a day to remember.

It always amazes me how what is par for the course in one area is devastating to another. The weather in Texas right now wouldn't even be noticeable in Wyoming...but send us some southeast Texas heat and humidity, and I'm pretty sure we'd have some fatalities.

If you were a cat, what would you look like? Here is what I would look like if I were a cat.....lol.. d:D

Utar the cat.
me as a cat.jpg

If you were a cat, what would you look like? Here is what I would look like if I were a cat.....lol.. d:D

Utar the cat.
View attachment 129692
Reminds me of Grumpy Cat's Xmas.

If I was a cat, I would have to chase myself around the house before catching myself, killing myself and eating myself, which would be difficult after I had killed myself :confused:

It always amazes me how what is par for the course in one area is devastating to another. The weather in Texas right now wouldn't even be noticeable in Wyoming...but send us some southeast Texas heat and humidity, and I'm pretty sure we'd have some fatalities.
Indeed! We wilt when we get over 75F

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back