Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Can anyone Id this frog I’ve found?

He lived in a fish room for almost a year now and get out everytime I open the door.

Also why are the frogs riding each other?
5703D071-CF54-4B92-B2E6-92B70116CEA3.jpeg

Can anyone Id this frog I’ve found?

He lived in a fish room for almost a year now and get out everytime I open the door.

Also why are the frogs riding each other?
View attachment 130182
A pair of cane toads having sex.

Yes they are poisonous. They have poison sacks on their shoulders behind the eyes and these produce a white sap like substance that kills anything that ingests it. Their tadpoles are also poisonous.

Cane toads come from Central and South America and are a noxious pest in lots of countries. You can wear a pr of rubber gloves to pick them up and put them in a plastic bag, then freeze them and bury the bodies. Wear glasses when handling them so you don't accidentally get the poison in your eyes.

All cane toads should be exterminated because they eat anything smaller than them and kill everything that tries to eat them. They are a dangerous, noxious pest that do not belong anywhere except in their home land.

If you have cane toads in your area, you should inform the Department of Agriculture and let them know where the toads are located. The government needs to get rid of them asap otherwise they will destroy the ecosystem.

But cane toads was listed in the Thailand amphibian species?

Does it list just native species or all species found in Thailand (which could include non-native species?)

For example, grey squirrels are listed as UK wild mammals but they came from the Americas. Our native squirrel is the red squirrel which is now only found in a few isolated areas while grey squirrels are everywhere. We get them visiting our garden.

Catch them and put them in a clear container and take them to a zoo or herpetologist and get them identified. If they are cane toads, you don't want them on your property because they will kill your pets.

You could probably send pictures to the zoo and herpetologists to identify them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back