Random Discussion

It's a free for fall, as long as it's nice it's ok to post.

If you need help with a car, start a thread in general chat so the answers will be about your car and you won't have to scroll through here looking for them.

-------------------
Now for my general chat.
MY OVEN IS FIXED AND I CAUGHT A CAT LAST NIGHT. GUESS WHAT I'M HAVING FOR DINNER? :devil:
Pasta?

What’s the difference between Low-tech and high tech planted tank in general?

What’s the difference between Low-tech and high tech planted tank in general?
Low tech has a light and some plants, and maybe a bit of aquarium plant fertiliser.

High tech has bright light, carbon dioxide (CO2), KH generator/ buffer, lots of aquarium plant fertiliser, and usually a nutrient rich substrate. It might also have an electronic measuring and dosing system that monitors the water quality for certain nutrients, and adds nutrients as required.

I now know the reason behind my failure of fishkeeping where my fish dies frequently.

So last week I went to the LFS and they are trying to sell me the Ich infected fish.

30% of guppies and mollies in the tank are dead in the bottom of the tank, because as I watch them do a water change, they add water without airated it.

2 discus were infected with the “bacterial” disease

Every tanks seems to be cloudy.

Sadly, It’s the only fish store in my area :(

My rule when I go into a LFS. I walk around and won't buy a fish from a tank that has a dead fish in it, I also won't buy a fish out of a tank that has incompatible fish in it. So generally that takes out more than 50% of the tanks in the shop. Then the tanks that are left most of the tanks are full of fish you don't want, so you are now down to 2 tanks in the LFS. One is a display only tank and the other has a fish that you want, but is 3 times more than you are prepared to pay for it. The joys of shopping at your local LFS. ;)

I now know the reason behind my failure of fishkeeping where my fish dies frequently.

Sadly, It’s the only fish store in my area :(
How about collecting your own fish from the wild?
You will be limited to what is in your area but they would probably be healthier. Alternatively, see if there's a company that will send fish to you.

How about collecting your own fish from the wild?
You will be limited to what is in your area but they would probably be healthier. Alternatively, see if there's a company that will send fish to you.
I caught the wild halfbeak yesterday and they all died of fighting in a bucket...I can't believe the big halfbeak just ate all the little one.

Try to keep fish that are the same size so that doesn't happen. Catch small halfbeaks instead of big and small. :)

Take several buckets for the fish.
Make sure they are aerated before the fish go in them.
Add a bit of salt to the buckets, it helps the fish travel better. Use 1 heaped tablespoon of rock salt for every 20 litres of water.

We prefer to stay away from allowing joke telling on this site as some jokes will offend some members. And joke telling adds to moderating chores of moderators. So let's avoid joke telling here.

Last edited:
We prefer to stay away from allowing joke telling on this site as some jokes will offend some members. And joke telling adds to moderating chores of moderators. So let's avoid joke telling here.
aaaaa, ok, I understand, sorry for that....:(

Most reactions

trending

Back