Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Had I known how much "observing" it takes to maintain an inhabited tank, I would've planned differently! At 5'9" I find myself crouching a lot and my knees are getting very, very, very unhappy ?
??????????????

My main tank is in the dining room so I just sit on a chair :)

So I grabbed some rosy reds for our yellow bullheads to pick off over the next couple weeks. I asked for "about 25-30". The local fish guru gave the bag to our daughter to hold, so I didn't even look at it. I get home and no, I don't have 25-30. I easily have 100! I have the room and it's a very well established, overfiltered and heavily planted tank, but geez. If he had given me anymore, it would look like the minnow tanks at Petsmart!

So I grabbed some rosy reds for our yellow bullheads to pick off over the next couple weeks. I asked for "about 25-30". The local fish guru gave the bag to our daughter to hold, so I didn't even look at it. I get home and no, I don't have 25-30. I easily have 100! I have the room and it's a very well established, overfiltered and heavily planted tank, but geez. If he had given me anymore, it would look like the minnow tanks at Petsmart!
Wow! Can you post a pic of all the minnows?

Tank watching is easy for me. I have a power recliner in front of my large screen tv in my finished basement. Immediately to the right of the screen is my 35 gallon black skirt tetra tank. Next to my recliner on my immediate right is my 29 gallon tiger barb tank. Both have digital thermometers viewable from my recliner.

Life is good!

Wow! Can you post a pic of all the minnows?

They are in constant go mode and seem to have broken into couple different schools, so I haven't been able to get a clear shot of all of them. Here is the school that keeps hanging out up front. I haven't counted the ones in the picture yet, but there is waaaaay more than 30 in just this school. I think I got a good deal for $5.13. ?

20201210_144924.jpg

They are in constant go mode and seem to have broken into couple different schools, so I haven't been able to get a clear shot of all of them. Here is the school that keeps hanging out up front. I haven't counted the ones in the picture yet, but there is waaaaay more than 30 in just this school. I think I got a good deal for $5.13. ?

View attachment 124528
WOW!!! That's a LOT of fiish!

I see I killed another thread.

Ok, it's snowing again. Coming down pretty good now. Not single little snowflakes. Those big, fluffy clumps the size of nickels. Well, our 3 year is losing his mind demanding to go outside, despite wearing nothing more than a pair of boxers and he doesn't want to put clothes on. We're approaching full on meltdown while he repeats how he loves the cold. Ok, fine, go for it. Your toes will touch the snow and you'll bail. He runs outside, rolls in the snow for about a minute and a half before I realize that he's too hardheaded and I play bartender and cut him off. He runs inside like he's Usain Bolt. The second he hits the wood floors he biffs it, but is ok. Now the cold kicks in. He is mad now. At me! He says I'm mean because he's cold and he hates the cold. All the while he's as red as a cooked lobster from rolling in the snow. I told you it was cold. You insisted. Cause and effect. If you play stupid games, you'll win stupid prizes.

Edit: And he is asking to go out again. But dad, I put my boots on...

Last edited:
LOL that drake is giving you the evil eye Barry :)
Look at the tail and the noise coming from it. And the eyes have gone white. Barry, that duck is gonna rip you a knew one :)

Yes the drake definitely thinks you are competition and he doesn't want you near his girlfriend :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back