**Question of the week** | When’s the last time you did a water change?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

When’s the last time you did a water change?

• Today

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Yesterday

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • This week

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Last week

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • This month

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Last month

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Last 6 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Last year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NEVER??

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
typically once week 50% but I-know I can go two weeks without a water change. During the water chanage I also add fertilizer. So when I am taking some time off from work I often just top it off with RO water and then add fertilizer. And then when I get home I do a water change.

I change water when I can be bothered. I test once every two weeks... If I see any real nitrates I will go ahead and change 30% or so. This applies to both my tanks. I have a 10 gallon moderately planted with guppies and a 55 gallon non planted with a lone Blood Parrot. The tanks don't build nitrates fast at all.

Don’t worry bud. He is 9 inches. Doesn’t care about tankmates. Giving him away. Delhezi Bichirs only grow 14 inches tops.
Nice !
Many caresheets say up to 40 cm, eat whatever it can swallow, needs 1000 liters for 1 specimen....
I understand why you like it, there's a lil somethin extra with Bichir :lol:

Nice !
Many caresheets say up to 40 cm, eat whatever it can swallow, needs 1000 liters for 1 specimen....
I understand why you like it, there's a lil somethin extra with Bichir :lol:
Dont trust google. They say "Bichir". There are tons of apecies of bichirs. CB Albino Senegal being the shortest (6-8 inches), and Polypterus Endlicheri 'Congicus' being the largest at 36 inches

Let’s be honest with this one!
  1. When’s the last you did a water change on your tanks?
  2. Do you usually do water changes on weekends? Days off?
Please vote in the poll!
I do a 50% change every Monday on a well-established tank. :)

33 percent, every other week, usually on the weekend, for a pretty heavily planted 65g that is understocked. Sometimes bigger if testing suggests nitrates are creeping up.

33 percent, every other week, usually on the weekend, for a pretty heavily planted 65g that is understocked. Sometimes bigger if testing suggests nitrates are creeping up.
That’s a very precise percentage! :rofl:

I water change every week-10 days. Usually around 30-40%.
but for the poll, I honestly answered last month (which was about 2.5 weeks ago) because I had to go out of town for 3 weeks for work, and didn’t want to leave the girlfriend with that responsibility. So I did about a 60% water change knowing it was gonna go awhile without it.

Most reactions

trending

Back