**Question of the week** | When’s the last time you did a water change?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

When’s the last time you did a water change?

• Today

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Yesterday

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • This week

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Last week

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • This month

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Last month

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Last 6 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Last year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NEVER??

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Let’s be honest with this one!
  1. When’s the last you did a water change on your tanks?
  2. Do you usually do water changes on weekends? Days off?
Please vote in the poll!

I do a water change about every 10 days..I change out about 50% of the water.

Usually every Saturday morning, around 50%. Had the in laws visit for the first time in over a year so couldn't do it over the weekend, today was the earliest I could get

To be trueful, when I can bothered. I top up every other day and prob. do a 30% change once a month.

I usually follow the same schedule, I've currently got 18 active tanks so I do 50% water changes on 3 tanks per day aside from Monday.

Of course that schedule can be changed if there is ever an issue that requires extra attention, but it's the one I try to stick to so it doesn't become too much of a chore.

Directly answering the question though, I water changed and cleaned 3 of my home tanks yesterday. One of them took me about two hours as I had severely neglected the plant trimming and it was getting pretty wild. I had enough trimmings to potentially stock another couple of planted tanks.

My schedule will likely include 4 tanks on a Sunday soon as I'm about to set up another grow out tank for my plants that would also be suitable for apistogramma fry that I think I will soon be seeing.

I do a 10+ when i feel like it, every few days soemtimes weeks

I used to do water changes about once a month, have been increasing it now to once a week, occasionally once every two weeks. On weekly changes I change about 40% of the water, if it has been two weeks 60% of the water. I use a bucket and siphon to pull the water and clean the surface of the soil, then run a small diameter garden hose from my utility sink in the downstairs to fill the tanks. The biggest issue is getting the temperature of the water correct. I use a y valve on the faucet so I get an immediate temperature reading, i.e. I don't wait for the water to travel through the whole hose, but I would sure like to source a temperature regulating valve. The entire process takes about 3 hours for me, cleaning the tanks, draining and filling so I tend to do them on the weekends.

Hmm. I did a water change on the 10 gallon yesterday, last water change on the 55 was maybe 9 days ago? I try to do 50% water changes on each tank every 7 to 10 days or so

Weekend task here, although it’s been a Bank Holiday weekend and I let it slip to Monday. 50% weekly as advised on here 😀

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back