question about my cory

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

billy61788

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ive had my cory for about 2 months but recently ive been noticing him doing some odd things...he used to just scavange around at the bottom of the tank but now he swims up the glass and tries to swim around near the top...then he goes down again and up. he does this for awhile then goes back into his little cave...also ive been finiding him in the middle of my anarchius? dont know if i spelt it write. but he goes into the center of the plant and just lays there...is this normal?

My cories tend to swim up and down the glass after I have done a water change, as though they are cleaning their tank with the barbels (some sort of spawning ritual perhaps?).

As for him chilling in a plant - perhaps he / she is lonely?

yea im not sure if its a male or female but i had 2 of them but one died recently so i guess it could be lonely...ill have to go get another

Hi billy61788

Yes, your cory is lonely. :nod:

Corys are schooling fish and need to be kept in groups of 2-3 or even more. They become shy and easily frightened when they are alone. :sad:

But, swimming up and down the tank is normal behavior for a cory. If you get more, they will all swim that way together. :nod:

What kind of cory do you have? :unsure:

Hi billy61788 :)

If he is, he's a very attractive little fish. :nod: I do hope you will get him some friends. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back