Question about albino cories

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I saw the teenist albino cories the other day. They were probably about 1/2 inch long. I was just wondering how big they'll get. I'd like to get as many as possible :D :*) for a ten gallon, with one bumblee bee goby, a white-cheeked goby and two platies.

approx 2 inches when fully grown maybe a little more

there bottom dwellers too so your kinda loading the lower reaches of your tank
footprint or surface area will probably have a bigger impact on fishload when they all swim at lower reaches, ie space to spread out in

andrew

Hi dixaisy930 :)

The albino corys are a color variation of the C. aeneus. Mine seem to be a little smaller than the regular bronze ones. They are good little fish that get along with everyone. They are schooling fish, however and you would really need to have at least 2 of them. More is even better.

Here's a link that you may fine interesting:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/calli...rydora/51_f.htm

i have three albino cories. they're just the cutest little things :wub: i think you can keep 3 to 4 of them in your tank

Are they compatible w/ leopard corys and other types? Do they do fine w/ other fish? (Sorry for not answering the question, but I thought it might help you out as well...)

Mine is full grown at about 1.5 to 2 inches and they are great with any kind of fish. The only problem I could really see is if the OTHER fish bothered them.

Gobies need large ammounts of salt in their water. a cory would die under these circumstances. there is no tempermental issues but a gobys need salt and corys cant take it. sorry.

Oh yeah. By the way, corys are not hardy, I put one into my fifty b/f it was fully cycled and it died. The person at Petsmart should have told me they weren't hardy b/f I killed the poor guy! :angry: :-(

FrankSlapperinni said:
Gobies need large ammounts of salt in their water. a cory would die under these circumstances. there is no tempermental issues but a gobys need salt and corys cant take it. sorry.
her gobies are freshwater varieties of bbg and wcg.

they should be fine together. though if youre not sure about room, you could go with some pandas instead, as they only get up to 1 inch. (i love cories, don't get me wrong, but i just can't deal with the albinos, for some reason, when i walk past a tank with them in it and i see these little white things wriggling about, i can't help but think "maggots", though thats when theyre tiny, maybe once they are full grown i'd be able to lvoe them as much as my pandas..................... :lol: )

All cory are compatible with all other corys and generally get along with everyone. You only have to worry about other fish attacking them; they cannot defend themselves.

All corys should be kept in small groups rather than alone and, since their eyes are somewhat sensitive to light, should have a cave or some low plants so that they can get into the shade. B)

They also need a tank bottom of small gravel (with rounded-not sharp) edges or sand. They dig and will hurt their barbels with anything else.

Their only other requirement is a clean, cycled tank. :D

Yes, as Many_a_molly said, my gobies are FW, so that's not a problem.

I tried pandas before (three of them) but all died within a few days. :-( It could have been my dwarf puffer though (who since has passed away). Maybe I'll get two pandas and two albinos...

My WCG pretty much keeps to his terra cotta pots, so the cories could have most of the tank bottom to themselves. :) The BBG is really just all over the place. :)

dixaisy930 said:
Yes, as Many_a_molly said, my gobies are FW, so that's not a problem.

I tried pandas before (three of them) but all died within a few days. :-( It could have been my dwarf puffer though (who since has passed away). Maybe I'll get two pandas and two albinos...

My WCG pretty much keeps to his terra cotta pots, so the cories could have most of the tank bottom to themselves. :) The BBG is really just all over the place. :)
Hi dixaisy930 :)

I've seen and heard so much about fish dying within the first few days after being purchased that I can only conclude that it's a risk you take when you get new fish.
Unless you have consistent problems it probably has nothing to do with your tank or the care you gave it.

At some point the fish travel from the breeder to the distributer to the dealer to you. They may be shipped by air or land. In between, they are put into different water at each place and the temperature isn't always consistent. By the time you get them, they could just be exhausted. If you can get fish that have been at the lfs for a week or so, it would be less of a risk, but that's not always possible. -_-

So, don't give up on on a particular fish just because you had some bad luck in the past. :thumbs:

i can't help but think "maggots", though thats when theyre tiny, maybe once they are full grown i'd be able to lvoe them as much as my pandas.....................

I thought the little babies were adorable...now I won't be able to look at them the same way. :lol: :lol: The seem to have a cute, natural, pinkish hugh to them, and I've never known one to eat rotting flesh. :sick: :lol:

I think I'll get a couple maggots...errr...albinos...and try to find a few panda corys.

dixaisy930 said:
...I think I'll get a couple maggots...errr...albinos...and try to find a few panda corys.
Hi dixaisy :)

I'm glad to hear that you're going to give the corys another chance. :clap:

Don't overlook the other corys, though. There are many fine corys to choose from and the bronze, while probably the most common, is a fine little fish, too. :D

You can't go wrong with corys! :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Back