Python Question

The-Wolf

Ex-LFS manager/ keeper of over 30 danio species
Reaction score
Is $55 a good price for a python 100?

Well, the lowest I found listed it for $63, so I guess it's a good deal. It's deffinetly not a rip off, as I bought my python for 25 dollars and it is 25 feet (dollar a foot), but yours comes out to be a little over 50 cents per foot. :)

I got mine for about £30-40 a few years ago. Bet they'll be a bit more though.

You can get them from Animal House, although for the life of me I cant remember the addy :huh:

I'm sure Google or something will find them ;)

Quick question about the python,

Was looking at one of these for my larger tank and just wondering if you guys add dechlorinator at the same time or before or after? I'm sure everyone does it different but.....

cheers

jump

I add it during. Right where the water flows in as it mixes it nicely ;)

I also just have the Python 25.

I add my dechlorinator right into the stream of water coming out of the Python. It works really well.

I LOVE not having to carry buckets around. I always ended up sloshing water all over the place.

So do you use hot water from the tap?

Thats never a good idea.. Hot water tanks contain all kinds of contaminents harmful to fish

SimonA said:
Where you getting it from danio and is that including overseas shipping
Its on ebay.com no that price is not inclusive of shipping
I have emailed the seller for a uk shipping qoute

Sorry for topic hijacking!

But, i would just like to know, how you people sython new water into a tank, i really want another tank in my room, but the only place i can fit one, is where i put my big chair on to make my buckets higher than the tank, so the water sythons out... is there away around it? so i can have the bucket on the floor and it still sythons into the tank?

corrosive said:

But, i would just like to know, how you people sython new water into a tank, i really want another tank in my room, but the only place i can fit one, is where i put my big chair on to make my buckets higher than the tank, so the water sythons out... is there away around it? so i can have the bucket on the floor and it still sythons into the tank?
you could buy a drill pump and use that to
empty the buckets into the tank. like this

So you attatch, one peice of hose to 1 end, which goes in the bucket, and another hose which goes into the tank... and that thing will just push the water upwards into the tank? I take it that it runs off electric? im very interesting in it, and THAT COULD solve my problems and i can get another tank :D.

Or am i completely wrong and this attatches to a drill :|.

danio2004 said:
corrosive said:

you could buy a drill pump and use that to
empty the buckets into the tank. like this
Wont that over heat the water going into the tank? When I has doing that (can't remeber on what now) the stuff coming out was a lot more warmer than the what was going in.

corrosive said:
Or am i completely wrong and this attatches to a drill :|.
It attaches to a drill
uses the spinning motion of the chuck to pump liqueds.

Most reactions

Back