Python cleaners

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thank you so much! I’m not too bothered as the worst bit is taking water out, which now only takes 8 minutes I think? But it would be helpful if it worked both ways
I'm glad that it makes at least part of it a bit easier! Hopefully we can work out the water-return side of it 🤞☺️

Cool! The system works great for me, I hope you'll have the same success 🤗

I've never timed it properly, but I can say that it's far far quicker than buckets and bottles I used to use. It probably takes me somewhere around 40 minutes to do a 70% water change on my 280L. Only five to ten minutes of that is actual hands on work though. I only need to keep an eye on things.

Probably takes 10-20 minutes for the 105L.

For me, the flow of water being drained or pumped back into the tank is the same as a tap turned fully on. It's fast but it's still slowish if you're changing 200L of water 😁
What pump would you recommend for a jewel led rio 125, I think its a 27,5 gallon tank

I'm glad that it makes at least part of it a bit easier! Hopefully we can work out the water-return side of it 🤞☺️
I've sorted it completely! Not sure what happened before, there must have been a kink somewhere. @Country joe I recommend the one they linked, it's very good for my 200l

What pump would you recommend for a jewel led rio 125, I think its a 27,5 gallon tank
I do water changes on my 280L, 105L and 54L this way, and it's really easy and quick.

Water Pump (€26)10 Meters of Hose (€17)Clamp (€8 for two)
1709097297753.png
1709097441266.png
1709097536048.png
https://amzn.eu/d/gCMHBW1 https://amzn.eu/d/2obsnu5 https://amzn.eu/d/3fkBRFD

Those are the links and prices, about €50 for the whole set up if you bought them today. I payed closer to €40 when I got them though. I chose that pump because it's strong enough to pump the water vertically up and into my 280L. This one can pump water 3 meters vertically.

I still recommend this pump, its great value for the price 😁

I have a cheap water pump and a long length of clear plastic hose.
The pump has suction cups so I position the pump inside the tank just above where I want the water level to be, before I start adding water back in. So at 30% for example. I use a little plastic clamp to keep the end of the hose aimed at the drain in the bathroom, and then I turn the pump on. I forget about it normally until I hear the pump starting to sound a little different. It means that the water level is almost level with the pump, so I unplug the pump and move it out of the tank so that the suction doesn't siphon anymore water out.

I have a big 50 litre bucket for water changes, I place it in the shower and fill it with water. I have a thermometer so I can match the temperature to the tank's (aquarium tank) water. I add water conditioner, and give the bucket a really good stir. Then I use the pump to pump the conditioned water in the bucket directly back into the tank. I either use a piece of aquarium sponge and a cable tie over the hose, or a piece of clean bubble wrap on the surface of the water so that the clean water flowing in doesn't mix up the sand and disturb fish/plants.

It's miles easier than buckets and bottles which I used to use. I had to find a better affordable system to make water changes less of a chore. I normally look at Pintrest or read an article while occasionally glancing at the tank so that I don't over fill it. The only hands-on part is filling the bucket with water and conditioning it.

I do water changes on my 280L, 105L and 54L this way, and it's really easy and quick.

Those are the links and prices, about €50 for the whole set up if you bought them today. I payed closer to €40 when I got them though. I chose that pump because it's strong enough to pump the water vertically up and into my 280L. This one can pump water 3 meters vertically.

Compared to the python systems available to me, it's half the price and can actually pump the water.
Hi Rebe, I'm sure I have roughly the same pump and it comes with the three hose attachments, what size hose do you use...

Hi Rebe, I'm sure I have roughly the same pump and it comes with the three hose attachments, what size hose do you use...
Hey Joe, my pump also came with three attachments but I'm not sure which exactly I ended up using. I use this exact hose:

IMG_20240330_173601.jpg

Hope that helps 😁

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back