Python cleaners

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cool! The system works great for me, I hope you'll have the same success 🤗

I've never timed it properly, but I can say that it's far far quicker than buckets and bottles I used to use. It probably takes me somewhere around 40 minutes to do a 70% water change on my 280L. Only five to ten minutes of that is actual hands on work though. I only need to keep an eye on things.

Probably takes 10-20 minutes for the 105L.

For me, the flow of water being drained or pumped back into the tank is the same as a tap turned fully on. It's fast but it's still slowish if you're changing 200L of water 😁
Its arrived! The fish are due a water change today, do I just put the pump inside the tank using the suckers and leave it? I'm a bit nervous as its electricity and water mixing

Its arrived! The fish are due a water change today, do I just put the pump inside the tank using the suckers and leave it? I'm a bit nervous as its electricity and water mixing
It should be fine as long as the plug and socket aren't in the tank! It's like our aquarium filters and heaters, safe in water 😁

The only change I made to the pump was sticking some fine mesh over the parts where the water is sucked in, because I was paranoid about fish or anything else getting sucked into it. Since I've been using the pump, it doesn't seem strong enough to pull things towards it.

It should be fine as long as the plug and socket aren't in the tank! It's like our aquarium filters and heaters, safe in water 😁

The only change I made to the pump was sticking some fine mesh over the parts where the water is sucked in, because I was paranoid about fish or anything else getting sucked into it. Since I've been using the pump, it doesn't seem strong enough to pull things towards it.
Thank you! I'm using it now and it's very loud, I'm assuming that's normal? It's not banging on anything at all so I'm not sure why it's quite so loud - but if its meant to be that's fine!

Thank you! I'm using it now and it's very loud, I'm assuming that's normal? It's not banging on anything at all so I'm not sure why it's quite so loud - but if its meant to be that's fine!
Yes, mine is very loud compared to filters and other aquarium equipment. A constant, fairly loud "whherrr" noise 😁

It would be more expensive for a quieter pump I'd say

this is the pump I use for pumping my RO water out of a plastic 55 gallon drum, into my tanks... this kind of pump has numerous advantages over the other 3 pumps I tried... this pump doesn't have to go in the tank, but dry, will pump the water up the hose from the tank, & it's extremely quiet & durable compared to nearly any other pump... plus if you put a valve on the output side, & close the valve, the pump just shuts off... trust me, on this, I've tried 3 different pumps & styles before this one... I wish I had someone recommend it before I bought the others...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes, mine is very loud compared to filters and other aquarium equipment. A constant, fairly loud "whherrr" noise 😁

It would be more expensive for a quieter pump I'd say
I used it and it was great, the only problem was it couldnt seem to get the water from the bucket to the tank. The water just stayed in the bucket and didnt move at all. The tank is only a metre and a bit high, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be able to but I'm not too worried about it

I used it and it was great, the only problem was it couldnt seem to get the water from the bucket to the tank. The water just stayed in the bucket and didnt move at all. The tank is only a metre and a bit high, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be able to but I'm not too worried about it
This is due to the pump strength. You can put the water with the pump in an elevated position, or over the tank, and it will go faster. If you have a stronger pump it will work without issue, depending on how high you are trying to push the water.
I typically use this to pump water back into my tanks. And I also use for various other cleaning activies. --> NICREW Power VAC Plus Electric Gravel Cleaner

This is due to the pump strength. You can put the water with the pump in an elevated position, or over the tank, and it will go faster. If you have a stronger pump it will work without issue, depending on how high you are trying to push the water.
I typically use this to pump water back into my tanks. And I also use for various other cleaning activies. --> NICREW Power VAC Plus Electric Gravel Cleaner
It does say it has the strength for 3 metres, maybe it's the length of the hose? It's 10 metres and it might just be a bit too long. I could cut it but I'm not sure if it would fix the issue.

It does say it has the strength for 3 metres, maybe it's the length of the hose? It's 10 metres and it might just be a bit too long. I could cut it but I'm not sure if it would fix the issue.
I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. Mine is an earlier model that actually is less powerful (2.3 meters) and it works fine for me.
Was the pump in the bucket with the water, fully submerged? Did you try rotating the strength thingy on the side?
1709203722169.png

I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. Mine is an earlier model that actually is less powerful (2.3 meters) and it works fine for me.
Was the pump in the bucket with the water, fully submerged? Did you try rotating the strength thingy on the side?
View attachment 337779
I put my pump upwards, with the cable facing up, not on the side. Maybe I should have done that? It was fully submerged and the thingy was fully open. It was fast getting the water out so it's not broken I don't think.

Hmmm, that is odd then. I did use a similar pump to fill my tanks but it recently stopped working. And, it was a bit slow to fill due to the hose size and strength of the pump. Make sure the hose is mostly straight up and down, and not trying to push water sideways, I've seen that will lessen the pump flow. It's possible the hose length could be too long for you as well. I needed the whole length of the one I got with the pump I was using.

You can test it by pumping from one bucket to another bucket. Try placing both buckets and the hose at the same height, then gradually lift the receiving bucket up and see it keeps pumping.

I put my pump upwards, with the cable facing up, not on the side. Maybe I should have done that? It was fully submerged and the thingy was fully open. It was fast getting the water out so it's not broken I don't think.
Perhaps?
I have no idea why it isn't working for you. Mine works beautifully, even pumping water through ten meters of hose that rises to two meters high. My pump is even a earlier, supposedly weaker pump than yours, so if it really doesn't work then there might be a problem with it. I'll be doing a water change within a week, so I'll take lots of pictures, maybe videos to better help 🤗

Perhaps?
I have no idea why it isn't working for you. Mine works beautifully, even pumping water through ten meters of hose that rises to two meters high. My pump is even a earlier, supposedly weaker pump than yours, so if it really doesn't work then there might be a problem with it. I'll be doing a water change within a week, so I'll take lots of pictures, maybe videos to better help 🤗
Thank you so much! I’m not too bothered as the worst bit is taking water out, which now only takes 8 minutes I think? But it would be helpful if it worked both ways

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back