Pump doesn’t reach bottom of tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stickhutch

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am installing a new pump into my tank, but the tube isn’t long enough meaning my pump isn’t suctioned onto the base of the tank. Is this an issue?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 38
no idea what you are talking about, can you post pictures of the tank and pump?
then add a bit more info :)
image.jpg

Hopefully this photo is better. The pump is located on the right side at the back of the tank (the grey box) and is a good few centimetres off the bottom of the tank, meaning the suction cups on the pump do not reach.

I have a Fluval Flex 57L, which I use for tropical fish and the pump I just purchased is an Eheim CompactON 600.

I hope I was able to paint a better picture here

You can buy a longer hose???? If it is a rigit tube, you can extend its reach with the right diameter hose. Most hardwares type stores should sell flexible clear hose by the foot. You may need to fury rig this some.

You can buy a longer hose???? If it is a rigit tube, you can extend its reach with the right diameter hose. Most hardwares type stores should sell flexible clear hose by the foot. You may need to fury rig this some.
Yes , I will definitely do that but for the mean time is it ok for the pump to be suspended in the water?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back