Prince Philip died

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Now to the best of the Brits, their sense of humor and wit.

ARTHUR: I am your king!
WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.
ARTHUR: You don't vote for kings.
WOMAN: Well, how did you become King, then?
ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake,...
[angels sing]
...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.

That is why I am your king!

DENNIS: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

[angels sing]
...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.

DENNIS: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
DENNIS: Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
DENNIS: I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
"Tis but a scratch.."
"A SCRATCH!? YOUR ARMS OFF!!"

[angels sing]

During the last election, I saw a t-shirt that said, "The Farcical Aquatic Party, 2020." Then the motto: "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is starting to sound pretty good."

"Tis but a scratch.."
"A SCRATCH!? YOUR ARMS OFF!!"
Sorry, just had to:
CC0FBF3B-197D-4F48-91C8-75D30D2E329E.jpeg
F1742A5C-D468-43DE-83F9-5CE2E8D90121.jpeg

Beer opinions and Monty Python silliness aside, it seems that criticizing the life and character of a recently deceased public figure easily veers into politics, which we try to avoid on this forum. So, when discussing the late duke, let's please keep it respectful and save our political opinions for private discussion. I know we don't always agree on what constitutes "disrespect." When in doubt, if you can't be kind, it's probably best to keep it to yourself. Thanks.

Last edited:
The fact that I have a different point of view to you doesn’t make me an idiot!
The newspaper I quoted was the first source of information I came across to support my view. Disagree with my view by all means, but please don’t insult me personally.

My dad, as was his brother, were in the Scots Guards (they were from Edinburgh). I love the tradition that they swore allegiance to the Crown, not the country, in case of civil war. I’ve seen my dad change the guard at Buckingham Palace.
The Royal family needs streamlining, in my view, but the benefits they bring to our country still outweigh the negatives.
Who called you an idiot?

[angels sing]

Spot on. It’s actually only because someone back in the mists of time was the best fighter in their hood.

.......by “tourism, merchandising and the arts”!
What does that even mean? What sort of idiotic readers does that paper think they have?
Did they ask every single tourist to add up every royal family connected penny they spent during their visit in one column and every other penny of expenditure in another? Does a coffee bought at a Green Park coffee hut on the way to see Buck House go in one column and one bought on the way from Buck House back to the tube station at the same hut go in the other column?

If a tourist intends to see the changing of the guard during their visit to London does ALL of their spending get included? If so then surely if they also intend going to see one of the Tate Gallery’s then ALL of their spending money should be gathered up under the arts banner......or a sporting event under the Sports banner......or a band under the rock roll banner?

I for one am not allowing a rag like The Sunday POST to insult my intelligence. I suggest forumers from around the globe do likewise.
@ClownLurch - Yes, from your comment above, I think you were calling me an idiot!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back