Pregnant??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Michelle83

Reaction score
I feel like she has been pregnant for a long time although I'm not sure on the exact amount of time. She has these white things by her anal fin and has for over a week now. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190730-224225_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190730-224225_Video Player.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 194
I added 2 more photos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190730-233726_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190730-233726_Gallery.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_20190730-233724_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190730-233724_Gallery.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 164
Takes about 60 days for molly gestation. They also look squared off before they drop and yours looks more round. Did she have fry already? If she did you can usually mark out two months from that date.

I've do have a few fry that are about a month or so old. I'm not sure which one is the mom though because I wasnt home when they were born.

The gestation period for livebearers is around 4 weeks. And your fish looks pretty close to dropping them, probably in the next few days. Have lots of plants in the tank and don't move her. If there are males in the tank, move them out and leave the female with lots of plants. Keep males and females separate for at least 1 week after she gives birth. Don't move the female for at least 1 week after she has given birth.

Thought mollies were 60 but could refert every 30 days, guppies were 30 days. My fat lyretails always took two months, good for me because it gave me time to let any surviving fry mature to be sent to lfs and honestly many got eaten.. so could have missed some. ROFL. But yea if it’s 30 then sounds like it could be any time for you. Mine always had really squared off bellies right before they popped too.

I concur with all of the above. ^

Your Mollie is about to have babies, good luck! :)

So I found 2 tiny babies today. Both are orange. Is that possible with a black molly and a dalmatian molly?? We've had them both almost a year.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back