Posts moved from "I'm done" thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

a boy fell in the mud.
how's that for dirty?
I feel like it's better for kids my age and maybe even younger to be exposed to all the "bad stuff" that goes on in the world or online. Because once they hit 18 or 19 and go off to college or start working a job? Reality is going to hit them really hard.

I feel like it's better for kids my age and maybe even younger to be exposed to all the "bad stuff" that goes on in the world or online. Because once they hit 18 or 19 and go off to college or start working a job? Reality is going to hit them really hard.
But they don't  NEED to be if they don't have to be...
If that's the case, you mine as well go onto some inappropriate website.
Like if someone starts saying bad language in person to me I don't care, that's their choice. But yah know if their in my house or something then no they can't.
There needs to be some sort of morals in the world. And these there isn't.
Cursing, rape, murder, sexually explicit movies, graphic violence is accepted, what's next? What will we allow next?
I find our actions as the human race absolutely disgusting

But they don't  NEED to be if they don't have to be...
If that's the case, you mine as well go onto some inappropriate website.
Like if someone starts saying bad language in person to me I don't care, that's their choice. But yah know if their in my house or something then no they can't.
There needs to be some sort of morals in the world. And these there isn't.
Cursing, rape, murder, sexually explicit movies, graphic violence is accepted, what's next? What will we allow next?
I find our actions as the human race absolutely disgusting
Yeah, but you're a really sheltered kid and don't know about the uglies that happen outside the safety of your home, you will have a hard time adjusting to real life once you move out. it's better to be introduced to it at a younger age. I'm not talking 5 year old's, like when you become a teenager.

Edit: When I said "you" and "you're" I'm not specifically talking about you personally, it's just how I typed it.

Yeah, but you're a really sheltered kid and don't know about the uglies that happen outside the safety of your home, you will have a hard time adjusting to real life once you move out. it's better to be introduced to it at a younger age. I'm not talking 5 year old's, like when you become a teenager.
It doesn't matter the age. No one needs to hear or see some of these things.
Like the N word. If I was to say that right here right now people would go nuts but apparently according to you it should just be acceptable cause that's how people are.

It doesn't matter the age. No one needs to hear or see some of these things.
Like the N word. If I was to say that right here right now people would go nuts but apparently according to you it should just be acceptable cause that's how people are.
Bruh, I never said saying the N word was acceptable. I said that parents that shelter their kids so much that they don't know half of what's going on in the world or how thing actually function outside of their home, are setting their kids up for failure when they grow up and move out of the house.

Bruh, I never said saying the N word was acceptable. I said that parents that shelter their kids so much that they don't know half of what's going on in the world or how thing actually function outside of their home, are setting their kids up for failure when they grow up and move out of the house.
Well then what is acceptable to you. Because you seem too "acclimated" to the conditions of the world.
I won't stand for things I know are bad.

Well then what is acceptable to you. Because you seem too "acclimated" to the conditions of the world.
I won't stand for things I know are bad.
I never said I stand for them, read what I'm writing bro. I said it's good for them to be knowledgeable in other words, for them to know what's going on outside the safety of their homes. And to know or at least have some idea as to how to the world works and what really goes on.

Never once did I say I stood for any of the things mention, nor did I say they are acceptable to me.

I never said I stand for them, read what I'm writing bro. I said it's good for them to be knowledgeable in other words, for them to know what's going on outside the safety of their homes. And to know or at least have some idea as to how to the world works and what really goes on.

Never once did I say I stood for any of the things mention, nor did I say they are acceptable to me.
Ok. They can be knowledgeable I understand that. I am knowledgeable on the bad things that happen. My parents tell me stuff and I find out stuff on my own as well.
We have to be careful in my house what is talked about and said.
BUT, I don't think that people should just "get used" to the bad things happening. There is a fine line between what you are saying and then just being inured to something

Ok. They can be knowledgeable I understand that. I am knowledgeable on the bad things that happen. My parents tell me stuff and I find out stuff on my own as well.
We have to be careful in my house what is talked about and said.
BUT, I don't think that people should just "get used" to the bad things happening. There is a fine line between what you are saying and then just being inured to something
I never said "get used to" the bad things that go on in the world, you're putting words in my mouth and not reading what I have written.

If you can go back into what I've said and find where I say people should get used to bad stuff that goes on, that I support/stand for all of the bad stuff mentioned, and/or that saying the N word is ok, I will personally delete my TTF account.

I never said "get used to" the bad things that go on in the world, you're putting words in my mouth and not reading what I have written.

If you can go back into what I've said and find where I say people should get used to bad stuff that goes on, that I support/stand for all of the bad stuff mentioned, and/or that saying the N word is ok, I will personally delete my TTF account.
First of all I never said you said that, that word was ok. I said basically because I felt like what you were saying meant that people should just accept the state of the world.
Obviously it was a big misunderstanding on my part. But I still believe there is a fine line between what your saying and what I thought you meant.

Also there is no way on TFF to "personally" delete your account 😅

I agree, shelter your kids and protect them, but don’t overdo it. Have healthy discussions about issues and give them the life skills to cope. If you hide everything from them and they are suddenly just thrust into the world it never goes well

I agree, shelter your kids and protect them, but don’t overdo it. Have healthy discussions about issues and give them the life skills to cope. If you hide everything from them and they are suddenly just thrust into the world it never goes well
Yes exactly. That is how I feel about it as well but I didn't get that version from what Phoenix was saying

Yes exactly. That is how I feel about it as well but I didn't get that version from what Phoenix was saying
That’s what I understood from him 🤷‍♀️

That’s what I understood from him 🤷‍♀️
Hm... Ok.
Idk what I was reading... Just what it seemed like.
Also I've seen things he's said in the homeschool group that possibly interfered with my understanding of what he said here... So it's just my fault for misunderstanding 😕

Hm... Ok.
Idk what I was reading... Just what it seemed like.
Also I've seen things he's said in the homeschool group that possibly interfered with my understanding of what he said here... So it's just my fault for misunderstanding 😕
I think that its best for things said in private messages to stay in our private messages. The way that you worded your post seems to imply that @PheonixKingZ said something different in our private messages, which is not true.
I would say that as a rule no reference to what has been said in pm should be posted on the main forums. Just my thoughts.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back