The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

olivia53

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a weirdly specific question. I had my guppies die of parasites so now I only have a mystery snail in my 10 gallon tank. I’ve now acquired a betta but i’m hesitant with what I should do with him in regards to my tank. I’m worried that he could catch parasites if I put him in the water that my guppies were in and I’m also worried that my mystery snail could give him parasites. I was thinking about disinfecting my tank with a bleach method while the betta and the snail live elsewhere. Does anyone have any advice for this? Should I keep them separate just in case my mystery snail is carrying parasites? Thank you in advance.

I agree it would be good to know more. If it is simply worms then you could probably use a deworming medication.

If you do go the sterilization route you would have to re-cycle the tank

Tell us a little more. What kind of parasites killed your guppies? How sure are you of the cause of death? How is your 10g set up (filter? plants? substrate?)?
I’m not too sure which parasites killed my guppies. All I know is that they burst through their chests kind of morbidly. I’m very sure of the cause of death because they bloated with stringy white poop and then their deaths were pretty telling. I’m set up with a filter, heater, a piece of wood, and crushed coral substrate. I’m in Canada as well where I can’t exactly get fish medication because it’s banned here.

I’m not too sure which parasites killed my guppies. All I know is that they burst through their chests kind of morbidly. I’m very sure of the cause of death because they bloated with stringy white poop and then their deaths were pretty telling. I’m set up with a filter, heater, a piece of wood, and crushed coral substrate. I’m in Canada as well where I can’t exactly get fish medication because it’s banned here.
@Colin_T

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back