pleco help

Strider90

Reaction score
in my tank I have a male peppermint bristlenose and 2 females. I also have what appears to be a female L397.
The peppermints were breeding, but now the L397 is frequently trying to lay eggs in the cave, despite the fact they're incompatible. Is there any way I can keep the L397 away without putting her in another aquarium? As she's interrupting the breeding. lol

Also, are they definitely incompatible? Or am I likely to get some kind of really gross hybrid out of them?

Moony42

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to TFF!!:)

I think you should just lay back and let nature do its duty. Also please vote for POTM and enter TOTM which starts on august 15th to stand a cool chance to win a banner!!

Good luck!!!:yahoo:

PheonixKingZ

Fish Gatherer
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I agree with @Moony42, just let nature take its course, and good luck!

(Please go vote for the July POTM! Thanks!) :)

Deanasue

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
in my tank I have a male peppermint bristlenose and 2 females. I also have what appears to be a female L397.
The peppermints were breeding, but now the L397 is frequently trying to lay eggs in the cave, despite the fact they're incompatible. Is there any way I can keep the L397 away without putting her in another aquarium? As she's interrupting the breeding. lol

Also, are they definitely incompatible? Or am I likely to get some kind of really gross hybrid out of them?
Move her to another tank and get her a mate.