FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fisharefriends2

Reaction score
I rescued two platys from Walmart last night. Seeing the two of them in the smallest most disgusting looking tank, I'd ever seen and knowing that my betta's 6.5-gallon tank was cycled, heated and filtered sitting empty. (Betta's in quarantine for a nasty case of fin rot) I had to do something (yes I know its probably encouraging them to buy more but I couldn't just watch them die right in front of me). Anyhow, based on how they looked and their activity level I figured they wouldn't make it through the night. Much to my surprise, they are incredibly active, and their colors are even brighter this morning. As much as I would like to keep them a 6.5 is not enough space and my university limits fish tank size to 5 gallons (I'm already pushing it with my bettas tank) so I can't upgrade. I'm looking for a good home to give them away too. I believe them to be one male the black and white one,and one (maybe pregnant), female the orange and black one. Pictures included. Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested.
P.S. If you could pick them up that would be preferable (I live in Oxford Ohio) but not necessary. I have never shipped fish before but would be willing to give it a go to provide these guys with a proper home.

cKmEB+VsRcaErr6GJNhdXw.jpg QKWGdWjWQBOEBTJxZ07tFw.jpg

Just confirming the black one is a male and the orange one is a pregnant female.

Get rid of the male and put the female in a large plastic storage container with a sponge filter and some plants. Let her live and breed in there.

I’m in Lex, KY, quite close. Own a 55g with 2 algae eater, 4 Platy, 1 Betta, 2 molly, and a gold fish. Unfortunately I’m unable to adopt them at this moment, although I want them so bad... best luck to the Platy and babies

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back